Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Track # of artwork rounds in Workfront

Level 2

Any suggestions on how best to capture and track the # of artwork rounds within a project plan in Workfront?  Ideally, capture the rejection reasons as well. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We count the number of times the creative went out to our business partners for review by the number of business review tasks on a project.

• If the project requires more rounds than we have built into the project template, we have an additional template with just a task for the revisions and a task for another business review that can be added in
  • If the project doesn't need all the rounds that are built into the template, the project manager can delete the extra tasks

I suppose we could add a custom form to our business review task for someone to fill in the rejection reason for each round that was rejected, then pull that into a report with the task.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

We used document version to track rounds of changes. Never tried pulling in the rejection reasons though.

Level 2

Hi Kellie,

Thanks so much for your reply!  So that I'm clear, you track rounds by document versioning but you're not capturing # of rounds in any way in Workfront, is that correct? Our goal is to get the # of round info into WF in some way for reporting purposes.

Community Advisor

Correct, we just use a report that captures how many versions of a document were loaded to signify revisions. So if a document has 6 versions - we can assume 1 was the original upload so a total of 5 rounds of revisions were done.

The only other way I can think to  capture it in reporting would be to use a custom form and have someone put in how many revisions were done. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We count the number of times the creative went out to our business partners for review by the number of business review tasks on a project.

• If the project requires more rounds than we have built into the project template, we have an additional template with just a task for the revisions and a task for another business review that can be added in
  • If the project doesn't need all the rounds that are built into the template, the project manager can delete the extra tasks

I suppose we could add a custom form to our business review task for someone to fill in the rejection reason for each round that was rejected, then pull that into a report with the task.

Level 2

Thanks so much for your reply Heather! Very helpful.

Community Advisor

Hi there, I actually just posted something related to this in this thread - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-discussions/from-eoy-reporting-workshop-c... - the top comment in the thread. Hopefully this helps!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )