Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Adobe Workfront engineers are close to complet..

Employee

The Adobe Workfront engineers are close to completing code that allows a scrum team to ignore date changes when adding a task or issue to an iteration. Currently after adding a task or issue to an iteration the 'start' and 'end' date change to that of the iteration. This new feature, if toggled on, would ignore the date changes and dates would not be affected at all when adding to an iteration.

This feature will under go heavy testing and that will include slowly rolling it out to customers. If anyone is interested in getting early access, please respond to this post or reach out to me by email at muir@adobe.com.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Level 2

Yes, please! Our team has been eagerly waiting for this update and checking frequently since end of July.

Employee

Great. We will plan on included your Workfront instance.

Level 2

Hi Patrick,

We are also excited aobut this change! We would like to be part of the testing.

Thank you.

Liz

Employee

Great. We will add your Workfront instance to the beta.

Level 2

Hi Patrick,

Will this change be included in the 21.4 release in October?

Thanks.

Liz

Employee

@Patrick Muir - inactive‚ - just wanted to be sure you saw the above. Cheers!

Employee

This feature will get released to preview this Thursday. We can turn it on for your organization starting Monday, if you are comfortable after testing it in preview.

Level 2

Thanks Patrick.

Copying in my system admin Jason Jones

@Jason Jones‚ ‚

@Liz Tarter‚

Level 2

Hi Patrick, how do we explore the feature in Preview? I would like very much to try out this feature for my team.

Employee

Becky the feature should be live in preview this upcoming Thursday September 9.

Level 2

Hi Patrick,

I'm in Preview. How do I turn this feature on? I've gone to my team>Edit and I don't see the functionality.

Thanks for your help!

Employee

I would check now in preview. If you go to to a team, that is toggled as an agile team, you should see a new section called "When a work item is added to an iteration:"0694X00000FQxuJQAT.png

Level 2

Patrick,

I tested this in Preview today.

One thing I noticed is that I cannot add predesssors to the tasks (stories) in the schedule. Two task are pulled into an iteration for one pod and 1 task is not pulled into an iteration.

Could it have to do with this new feature?

Thanks.

Liz

@Jason Jones‚

@Leigh Burger‚

Level 2

Hi Patrick,

br

Quick question - when the new functionality is turned on for a team, will it impact tasks (stories) that already have a planned start and planned completion date? Meaning this does not work retroactively, correct? Only for tasks (stories) created AFTER the functionality is turned on?

br

Thanks.

br

Liz

br

@Leigh Burger

@Patrick Muir - inactive

br

br

Employee

Once the toggle is turned on, any task (regardless of when it was created) will not have the date changed when adding it to that teams iteration. But if you already added a task/issue to an iteration (without the toggle turned on), it will not change back to the original planned or completion date if you do toggle on the setting - this part is not retoactive.

Level 3

Any chance this functionality can be added at the project level, maybe at the "add to iteration" step? Turning it on and off for all projects in a Pod could easily lead to applying when not wanted.

Employee

To clarify, the issue is having to toggle on the functionality for each individual scrum team versus enforcing it on the project level, so no matter what scrum team gets the assignment, the dates will be ignored?

Level 3

IMO - do not want a universal setting that would affect all scum teams. The issue is toggling back and forth depending on the outcome you want for a project. My suggestion would be to enable a setting at the project level that lets you override the default setting you made for the scrum team