Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Text mode help: Prompt for any user job role

Level 7

Text mode experts, I'm hoping you can help me with this one: What might be the text mode for a report prompt that pulls in hits for a job role—primary or otherwise? There's an existing prompt to pull a list of users with the primary job role, but not one to query all job roles.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on what you said, you might also consider a job roles report that lists people in each job role. e.g.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/reporting-list-all-users-assign...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not sure you'd be able to use a prompt for this. It would for sure end up being an exists filter of some sort and those can only be hardcoded into a reporting prompt -- you wouldn't be able to have them select from a list of any job roles in the system, for instance. (this is for an assignments report)

Employee Advisor

@Lyndsy-Denk What type of report are you hoping to run? If you were to run a User Report that pulls in users with a specific job role (primary or not), you can use User > Role IDs > Equal > (insert Job Role} as your prompt. 

Level 7

User report, for sure. I'm trying to avoid having to edit the report every time I need to assess a different job role.

After I posted this, I realized I had curated a view in the Users area that includes a column that lists all job roles. Using the quick filter, I can essentially prompt to see all users with that job role. Soooo, guess I solved my own problem!

Thank you, @NicholeVargas and @skyehansen, for chiming in nonetheless.

Level 10

You could also group by job role and then "unfold" only the one of interest.

Level 7

This only groups by the primary job role. I need a report showing hits for Primary and Other.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on what you said, you might also consider a job roles report that lists people in each job role. e.g.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/reporting-list-all-users-assign...

Level 7

It took me waaaaaay too long to fully comprehend what you were saying, but this is it! This is the right answer! Thank you and happy Friday!