Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Text Mode Examples

Level 10
@Alison Milbury , Would it be possible to set up a discussion group/thread/section for just text mode examples? There is so much valuable examples scattered through out the community site but it doesn't seem like there is a central place where we can store them, catalog them, tag them with different metadata, etc. I could be way off base but maybe the community can comment with a yay no nay on this idea?? Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

30 Replies

Level 10
Put me down for a "yay." frankly, I'd be willing to go tag old posts. I spent an hour last night looking for textmode examples in old community posts and it would have been no big deal for me to tag them as I went. It would even save time for the next time I had to run the same search, if I could specify that I was looking for untagged posts vs tagged ones, because then I could continue the process. -skye

Level 5
Tagging is probably the best option for this. At the top of threads, there is a little icon that looks like a price tag and an option to 'Add a tag'. You can type in a new tag or search for existing ones. Then when you search, you should see the tags on the left side of the search page under User Tags. This is definitely something that I would like to improve in the community. Tags haven't been used enough for them to be affective right now. Perhaps a future version of the community will require you to add at least one topic tag to new posts so that the community is easier to search. I'm working on options. Thanks, Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 2
Yay! Will tag in the meantime. But this is probably my biggest pain point, and a huge opportunity for Workfront to provide greater value to our organization. Thx for raising this. Jeff Jeffrey Thell Bracket Global

Level 3
That's a Yay from me as well. I keep a text doc in Box with lot's of examples. Every time we create a report that i think is pretty cool, I copy the text mode code to my document for reference. Randy Roberts Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 10
Alison, @Alison Milbury Is there way to create a separate thread under discussions for just Text mode examples? Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
@Alison Milbury -- I only have rights to tag in the Seattle group (where I'm admin) . I don't have any rights to tag in this group (no tag icon) -skye

Community Advisor
Thank you for pointing that out, Skye, I thought I was just blind and everyone but me knew where to tag posts... I used to be in the habit of "Liking" posts, thinking that might be a handy way to bookmark for future reference; but haven't discovered a way to see a list of posts I've liked in the past, so I eventually stopped. @Alison Milbury is such a thing possible? William English Disney Destinations
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 5
@William English Finding your list of likes is a little difficult. The platform refers to them as "Recommends." Go to your profile page and click on 'My Contributions' and then 'Summary'. You'll see a pie chart with your types of contributions. Click on the portion of the chart labeled 'Recommends' and then scroll down to see a list of posts that you have liked. Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 5
@Michael Lebowitz The problem with creating a thread is that people will continue to post new threads and it's difficult to get people to stick to one thread. I could create a special interest group and have people post their Text Mode examples in there for now. Do you think people would join and add their examples? @Skye Hansen I was worried that might be the case. The tagging functionality on this community platform isn't where I'd like it to be. I'll see what improvements are available, but we may need to wait for a platform change to get the functionality we want. Thanks! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 10
Allison, A special interest group might just work! Thanks.. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Community Advisor
They're all there! Thanks Alison, that was really helpful. William English Disney Destinations
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 10
Disagree. People are posting textmode all over the place as answers for all sorts of questions. Unless they'd also be willing to repost in the textmode group we'd always miss something. -skye

Level 10
Skye - I agree that situation is possible and I am not suggesting that it should stop. I was thinking more of a "library" of text mode solutions that we can keep adding to. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
I think we agree there. :) -skye

Level 9
@Alison Milbury since the Community already has a Library function, would it be possible to open up a Library folder for text mode examples? Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 5
@Alison Wells Yes, the libraries are associated with groups. I'm going to go ahead and create a Text Mode Special Interest group and do an announcement about it. If you can help me find posts and examples that should be moved into the group, that would be awesome! On posts that you think should be moved in, just tag me and write #textmode. I'll start moving those over as we find them and then the library folder for that group will keep those examples together. Thanks! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 10
Hi Randy, care to share your doc with us?

Level 3
On a related note, it would be great to be able to favourite or save posts to refer to later (I don't think there's an option to do this at the moment, unless I'm missing something...?) I often see things and think "Oh that would be useful..." but I'm not able to look at it there and then. Stephanie Mulrooney Tomorrow People

Level 4
Hi All! I have been looking for a way to create a "document" and in technical terms it's done via "doc tagging" not the tagging with the @ sign.. Essentially text mode or html coding is the most basic way to describe this.. What you're all discussing here almost sounds like what I am trying to accomplish. I've reached out for assistance and am not really getting what we're looking to do. Would anyone be willing to connect with me and share some samples of what you're referring to here? I see that the main reason for the discussion is for my request but not sure how to find or where to look for this in the community... Assistance or connection to share a sample would be so greatly appreciated!! Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.

Level 10
Hi all, As I watched this thread evolve over the past several weeks, it occurred to me that we could all benefit from a solution where all these useful examples could be consolidated. I don't think the discussion threads are the place for this, nor do I think a group is appropriate. I think a text mode discussion board might help, but it'll all still be scattered and buried in threads. They help provide some context, but once a solution is arrived at, having a simple example is what we really need. This dialogue encouraged me to finally do something I've been wanting to do for years, establish a blog that is populated with content "from the community and for the community". The blog is called "WFPro" and the URL is "https://wf-pro.com">https:// wf-pro .com . I've got the foundation in place, and have started transferring my content. Here's my plan in summary: · Finish adding my text mode examples for filters and custom form calculations. · Scan the community boards for text mode to add. · Receive text mode from anyone here that I can add. · Add text mode examples that I find on partner sites (Workfront/LeapPoint/AtApps/Etc.) that might be helpful. · Open the blog to individuals interested in contributing directly · Expand the blog beyond text mode and share other admin tools, reports, dashboards, procedures, templates, etc. If you like the approach and have anything to contribute, please send it on to me. I'm looking for text mode examples of filters, views, groupings and custom form calculated expressions. Send them to Narayan.D.Raum@SunTrust.com if you can contribute, or contact me through the blog. The preferred format is in plain text with confidential information removed: Summary (Applicable Objects) Description Text Mode **Screen Shot - I'll add the text mode to my reports and produce these for consistency. Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone! Narayan Raum Workfront Center of Excellence Delivery Lead Enterprise Data & Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank LEGAL DISCLAIMER The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. By replying to this e-mail, you consent to SunTrust's monitoring activities of all communication that occurs on SunTrust's systems. SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. [ST:XCL]