Expand my Community achievements bar.

task report with all tasks assigned to anyone lower on the org chart

Level 2
Our org structure recently changed so our creative director (who manages all designers) now reports to our content director (who already managed and will continue to manage all writers). The content director wants a dashboard that shows all tasks for anyone on those teams - everyone who is below her on the org chart. There are other similar structure changes where what used to be a separate team has been moved under another team's lead so it would be most helpful to use wildcards rather than hard-code reports so we can easily distribute them to the new super-team-leads. In the past we had reports that used " Assignment Users Home Team ID in $$USER.HomeTeamID" to show a team lead the tasks for their team. However the content director's home team is not "Creative Team", it's "Content Team". The Creative Team just happens to report to her. One idea was to somehow expand upon " Assignment Users Manager ID in $$USER.ID" and maybe there would be a way to use text mode to modify it so it was the logged in user or their direct reports. But that might be wishful thinking. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Beth Massura Assistant Director of Operations, Marketing The University of Chicago Booth School of Business 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637 Phone: 773.702.7598
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 10
Hi Beth, To give you some ideas, check out our Executive Dashboards Package , which lets executives to easily compare the absolute and relative activity within Workfront across a variety of metrics in a manner designed to improve both productivity and adoption. And if that sounds like friendly competition...good: because that's how we designed it. Regards, Doug

Level 5
One trick is to create a calculated field on the user form named Manager Chain This is the approximate code, I don't have it set up currently: CONCAT(user.manage.name, ", ", user.manager.manager.name, ",", user.manager.manager.manager.name ...) Then with this field you can just do a filter that the assigned to.Manager Chain contains $$USER.name and you'll have a report that all managers can use to see their groups tasks/projects/hours/etc. On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:57 PM Beth Massura < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Our org structure recently changed so our creative director (who manages > all designers) now reports to our content director (who already managed and > will continue to manage all writers). The content director wants a > dashboard that shows all tasks for anyone on those teams - everyone who is > below her on the org chart. There are other similar structure changes where > what used to be a separate team has been moved under another team's lead so > it would be most helpful to use wildcards rather than hard-code reports so > we can easily distribute them to the new super-team-leads. > > In the past we had reports that used "Assignment Users Home Team ID in $$USER.HomeTeamID" > to show a team lead the tasks for their team. However the content > director's home team is not "Creative Team", it's "Content Team". The > Creative Team just happens to report to her. > > One idea was to somehow expand upon "Assignment Users Manager ID in $$ > USER.ID" and maybe there would be a way to use text mode to modify it so > it was the logged in user or their direct reports. But that might be > wishful thinking. > > Any suggestions would be appreciated! > > > > Beth Massura > Assistant Director of Operations, Marketing > > The University of Chicago > Booth School of Business > 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue > Chicago, Illinois 60637 > > Phone: 773.702.7598 > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 2
Thank you for the idea, Melinda! I hadn't thought of adding a custom field on the user. I'll give that a shot and report back. Beth Massura Assistant Director of Operations, Marketing The University of Chicago Booth School of Business 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637 Phone: 773.702.7598

Level 2
Hi Doug, thanks for the info. I'm actually looking for a list of tasks rather than aggregate numbers of tasks, but I'm filing this away in case we have a need for more metrics-based dashboards. Beth Massura Assistant Director of Operations, Marketing The University of Chicago Booth School of Business 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637 Phone: 773.702.7598

Level 6
Hi Doug We're trying to recreate your executive dashboard (our budget won't stretch to buy it from you unfortunately, no matter how good I am at puppy dog eyes!). We're stuck on the activity edits reports. What field did you pull from for 'activity? we're thinking it's the 'project update' field but it doesn't seem to pull what we want. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Level 10
Laura thanks for trying the puppy dog eyes. Practice makes perfect. I took a look at the screenshots on our Executive Dashboard solution, but didn't notice anything called "activity". Could you point it out for me, please, and/or elaborate? Thanks, Doug

Level 6
Hi Doug. The link in the thread directs to a different dashboard now. The one I’m looking at that you originally posted is this link… http://www.atappstore.com/Docs/user-adoption/User%20Adoption%20Dashboard.png Thanks ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D24183.F31A8B50]

Level 10
Ah: perhaps I edited the link in the post at some point, Laura. That's actually our User Watch solution, (which requires only 1/3 the puppy dog eyes of Executive Dashboards , if you want to try again). But to (at last) answer your question, "Activity" in the second last chart is effectively means "editing data somewhere": it is a Notes report. Regards, Doug

Level 6
Ah, sorry, I was looking at the wrong link. Thanks Doug this helps no end. I love the dashboard and can’t wait to start using it for adoption purposes! Glad I’ll have some reserves left on the puppy dog eyes ☺ Have a great weekend! Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D241B0.15E7FBA0]