Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Dates in Journal Entry Reports one Day off

Level 1

Hello community.  It has been recently realized by our users that all the Dates referenced in our Journal Entry reports are showing one day earlier than when they actually are in the Project.  

For Example, I have a field "Print On Sale" that is a Date Field.  when Creating the Project,  I put 11/1/24 as the Date in that field.  However in my Journal Entry report is whows the Field was Added,  and the "New Date" value is 10/31/24.   

Anyone else seeing this problem?  Apparently this has been happening for a bit,  and the user I am working with says she felt it started around Day Light Savings time Is that possible?  

In my attached screen grab, you can see that on top is my Journal Entry report showing the Field "DE:printONSale" was added and the New Date is 10/31/24 however on the bottom,  I have the System Updates showing the field "printOnSale" field was changed to 11/1/24.  

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you use multiple schedules or time zones in Workfront? If so, this will impact how dates show for users with differences. I would venture to guess it has something to do with that and you could start there to see if that's what is causing it?

Level 2

I have similar issue with My Journal report too. Here's some additional information i think will help to identify this issue..  

My Instance is set in Eastern timezone

When change the date format in my report to show hours as well, it is saying 8pm for everything. The issue: This report in Workfront is reading the date input in the "DE:Market Date" field and thinking that it is in UTC/GMT instead of Eastern Time.

For example, the "DE:Market Date" date has the value 6/25/2024 12:00am ET. In the project it stays displaying as 6/25/2024 because it is correctly showing it in ET. In the Journal report, Workfront thinks that the value input is 6/25/2024 12:00am UTC/GMT instead of ET. It displays the value to me in ET, which changes it to 6/24/2024 8:00pm (because ET is -4 hours from UTC/GMT). Seem to be a bug.

Level 1

Interesting.  I wonder what would happen is we change the Workfront INstance to UTC time?  I could test that in our SandBox environment I suppose.

Level 1

We thought maybe the TimeZones had something to do with it.  however In my example.  I am in Eastern Time Zone.  I entered it myself.  And my Workfront Instance is in Eastern Time Zone.  And it is showing incorrect for me.    

We do have users across time zones though.  Eastern, Central, and even in Bangalore India.  

Level 1

I liked the UTC vs. EST time zone issue.  However I realized though that when I first run my Journal Entry report the date is actually Correct.  Then when I run it two min. later it is not.  See my screen shots.  

I updated the field to be 11/3/24.  Then immediately ran the change report on the left you can see it was updated to 11/3.  Then I simply waited two minutes. and refreshed the data on the report without making any changes to the project.  You can see on the right now it says 11/2/24.  The Changed on Time is exactly the same.  

Community Advisor

it would be best if you take a recording of this behavior and submit a case to Support.

Level 2

I heard back from Adobe support team member : 

"This is working as intended because the Field doesn't specify a Date and Time enabled on the Field. When the field is missing the time the system automatically stores it in the UTC time zone. You can enable the Date and Time option on the field by editing the form and you will see the option to enable it on that field. "    

Which was not what i was expecting to hear specially with the pain of converting a Date to Datetime specifically when you already have Data in your instance. I have responded to consider the below:

"Ideally, the process should acknowledge the data type of the field (just date in this case) and, if necessary to consider time, it should use the users Workfront instance time zone setting (Eastern Time) consistently, without applying any automatic UTC time zone defaults. Please include this request in your support ticket for the Adobe team to review."