Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task report that contains a column with a field pulled out from issue custom form

Level 2
Hello, I would like to add a column to a task report that shows a custom form field from issues created under the same project (note that the issue is not created under a task but under the main project). Below is the text mode code to show the info in a column under the issue tab but I want to show this column in a task report. The name of the field in my issue custom form is: " Is this Program a potential risk or acceleration?" displayname=Risk linkedname=direct namekey=Is this Program a potential risk or acceleration? querysort=DE:Is this Program a potential risk or acceleration? valuefield=Is this Program a potential risk or acceleration? valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString Thanks, Yannick WebMD Global
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
I am no expert but I would like to understand what you are trying to accomplish here. My first question is how are these issues connected to the tasks. Have they been converted and are currently "resolvingTasks" for these issues?

Level 2
Hi Renaldo, Thanks for your message! The issue is actually created at the project level not at the task level (we don't convert a task but just create the issue from the tab "issue">create new issue). We use issues to flag any potential risk that could delay the project delivery so we can easily report on it and have a list of the potential risks + what is the reasons of this risk. There is specific task in our timeline that represents when the revenue is recognized so when this task is delayed compared to an initial project delivery date set from the initiation (this info lives in a project custom form for every project) we need to create this risk issue. I created a report where I can see and compare the initial project delivery date and the "revenue" task planned completion date so it is easy to see what projects are at risk. Now, I would like to pull a column where it says whether or not an issue has been created to flag this risk. My idea was to pull out a field from the risk issue custom form that is unique to this type of issue, but I am stuck here. The only thing I can pull is the number of opened issue created for the project. See attached: when I select "project:issue" the column is blank even though I know there are issues created under several projects. Yannick WebMD Global

Level 7
Yannick, My question is why don't you create the issue under the appropriate task? that way you could create a task report and show the number of issues on the task. If it's 0, then no issue has been created for that task.

Level 2
Hi Greg, Good point, that would work - thank you! -- I would still be interested to know if we can pull field info from the issue in a task report. Yannick WebMD Global

Level 10
Hi Yannick. By design, Workfront reports can pull information "down" (e.g. from Project to Task, Task to Issue, etc.), but not "up". It is possible to run a report at a lower level and group it to show the information at the higher level (often in a matrix). Alternatively, if you do need to to pull information "up", I invite you to check out our UberCalc solution, which can do that (and a LOT more). Regards, Doug