Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Task Report - Planned Hours are only reflecting 1 assignment, not all

Level 1

Hello,

The issue is - in the task report we built it's pulling ALL the hours assigned on a task to the primary assignee. So, if you have 4 people with 25 hours a piece, all 100 of those hours are only pulling into the report on the primary person rather than 25 hours/person.

The WLB and Planner all reflect 25 hours per person, correctly.

The Task report is pulling 100 hours on just 1 person.

Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I'm reading your post correctly, I think this is normal. You sound like you're running a task report and grouping by primary assignee (a.k.a. "assigned to") which makes it look like the total planned hours all belongs to one person

If that's the case, you should probably switch to using an assignment report instead. You can continue to group by assigned to (it's used differently for assignment reports) but if a task is assigned to four people, it will show up as four different line items, each with one person, and all should have planned hours as you had allocated.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I'm reading your post correctly, I think this is normal. You sound like you're running a task report and grouping by primary assignee (a.k.a. "assigned to") which makes it look like the total planned hours all belongs to one person

If that's the case, you should probably switch to using an assignment report instead. You can continue to group by assigned to (it's used differently for assignment reports) but if a task is assigned to four people, it will show up as four different line items, each with one person, and all should have planned hours as you had allocated.

Level 1

Thanks. Yes, you are reading that correctly. I am using a task report.

Ok, let me try that one. I still don't understand why WF built it's reporting structure like this and what the purpose of making this so complicated.

Community Advisor

if you have the experience, you should consider it like a relational database. The object you are reporting on, the task, has a "collection" of assignments (multiple assignments available per task). There's no way to engage this sort of reporting on the object report you chose to use (task report).

By needing to report on each separate assignment, you have a number of different options.

Option 1: You could have used a collections column such as what's found here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-collec...

Option 2: Assignment report (easier and allows you to group by assignee)

I hope I don't come across as supporting Workfront's choices, as I really don't have enough technical expertise to say one way or the other!! This is just my understanding of, and way around, how the reporting functionality works.

Good luck!