Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How can I pull specific milestones dates that are reached into a project list report?

Level 3

Is it possible to pull the dates into a report based on the task date linked to specific milestones? We want to report on a few different dates based on certain milestones being reached.

For example, we would like to report on the date the project rollout was completed which is in the project plan and tied to a milestone called 'Launched' but this one is easy cause it also equals the Planned Completion Date. We also want to show the date the technology was released which is in the project plan as a task called Deployment to Production and is linked to the milestone called 'Tech Release'.

Can you direct me to documentation or training that shows me how to report on milestone dates in a project report?

I see the milestone report but I need to be able to view other project data on the report that the milestone reports do not show. I want to add milestone dates to a report that lists the projects and project details as well as the dates that are important.

The report I would like to pull the dates into is shown in the attached screenshot and is a project report.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Trisha,

Really sorry for the slow reply, I've just noticed I didn't respond to your follow up question!

If you are only wanting to pull in one specific milestone into the report (as opposed to all of them), then your code would look like the below:

displayname=Milestones

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({milestone}.{ID}="5ff4f64305be4d2950d0f65e475f0f38",CONCAT({milestone}.{name}," | ","Planned Completion Date"," = ",{plannedCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Trisha,

Since you want to pull task information into a project report (as milestones are associated with tasks only), you will need to use a bit of text mode to get to and display this data. In your project report, if you create a new column, switch to text mode and insert the following code.

displayname=Milestones

listdelimiter=<br>

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({milestone}.{ID}),CONCAT({milestone}.{name}," | ","Actual Completion Date"," = ",{actualCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=HTML

This code tells Workfront to look through all of the tasks in a project and provide a list of the tasks that have a milestone associated with them, and in that list output the milestone name and the actual completion date of that milestone.

Hope that helps! Please shout if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

So if I wanted to do the Planned Completion Date instead of actual would I just replace it to look like this? I pulled the milestone ID and Milestone name and added them in this.

displayname=Milestones

listdelimiter=<br>

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({5ff4f64305be4d2950d0f65e475f0f38}),CONCAT({{milestone}.{name}} | ","Planned Completion Date"," = ",{plannedCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Trisha,

Really sorry for the slow reply, I've just noticed I didn't respond to your follow up question!

If you are only wanting to pull in one specific milestone into the report (as opposed to all of them), then your code would look like the below:

displayname=Milestones

listdelimiter=<br>

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({milestone}.{ID}="5ff4f64305be4d2950d0f65e475f0f38",CONCAT({milestone}.{name}," | ","Planned Completion Date"," = ",{plannedCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

No problem at all. I appreciate you taking the time to tech me. This worked great so thank you again for all your help here.

Level 2

Hi Richard,

I've come across this thread and its something I have been searching for since I remember. Really appreciate you posted it.

I do have a question. When above code is applied is it possible to change the sequence of the list based on timeline, path or at least planned dates?

Kind regards,

Lukasz