Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task list in text mode

Level 3

Hi I have a text mode for a field in view that gives me a list of all the tasks on the project with status

It seems to be ordering the tasks out of sync

Is there a way to sort by task number of task due date

As part of the concat formula I also want to include due date, but it pulls through as blank

Any help would be much appreciated

Textmode below with bold highlights of parts not working and attached picture of output

displayname=Tasks Names - % Complete - Due Date - Progress Status

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

querysort=task:dueDate

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='NEW',CONCAT("TO START - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},' - ',{dueDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='INP',CONCAT("IN PROGRESS - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},' - ',{dueDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='CPL',CONCAT("COMPLETE - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},' - ',{dueDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='CPL:A',CONCAT("PENDING APPROVAL - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},' - ',{dueDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='CPL:I',CONCAT("OPEN ISSUE - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},' - ',{dueDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),' ')))))

valueformat=HTML

Many thanks Dan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Dan - at the moment, there isn't a way to sort a collection 😥

At my last agency, we worked with @Doug Den Hoed‚ and his Magic Reports tool so that we could get the collection to sort and to have conditional formatting.

Level 3

Thanks for the info Anthony

much appreaciated

Community Advisor

I'm wondering why you chose to use the "dueDate" field instead of "plannedCompletionDate". I've never seen dueDate used, have no idea what it does, and just was wondering if you would share a bit about what you use this field for and how you access it in Workfront.

Level 3

Hi Skye

You are 100% correct i dont know why i had used dueDate

i changed to plannedCompletionDate instead to provide what i needed

Many thanks for the help

Level 10

Thanks for the tag, @Anthony Imgrund‚.

@Dan Ingham‚, what Anthony's referring to is our Hot Sheet solution, which efficiently distills your upcoming work down to those tasks planned to finish (or overdue) within the next 3, 4, or 5 business days across all projects, by every program within an entire portfolio.

👽 HOWEVER 👽

After Skye's tip and despite Anthony's assertion it is not possible (which is the case in my experience, too), can you confirm that your querysort trick:

querysort=task:plannedCompletionDate

DID INDEED allow you to sort a collection (as your screen shot seems to indicate)?

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Hi @Doug Den Hoed‚

Many thanks for the info just to confirm it didn't resolve the sort

querysort=task:plannedCompletionDate

Many thanks Dan

Level 10

Well, shucks, Dan.

That's unfortunate, but leaves my world view undisturbed. Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Doug