Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Info On Program Report

Employee

Hi All,

I am creating a program report but would like to pull in information on a specific task in one of the projects. I have seen this syntax used before, but on task level reports. Does anyone know if this is possible on a program level report?

description=Signed LOI

displayname=Signed LOI

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(project.tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Receive fully executed LOI and save in LF",{name}),IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),"","Yes"))

valueformat=HTML

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi Sarah,

Without trying the code myself, I'd guess the answer is yes, if it worked on a project level report it should work on a program level report with some minor changes...

For example, you'll want to preface the field names with {project}.{tasks}.{name}

Like this:

IF(CONTAINS("Receive fully executed LOI and save in LF",{project}.{tasks}.{name}),IF(ISBLANK({project}.{tasks}.{actualCompletionDate}),"","Yes"))

Let me know if that works for you.

Best -

Teale

Employee
Hi Teale, That didn't work, but appreciate the thoughts! Thanks,Sarah

Level 3

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to reference the task information from a program report.

Tasks are 2 objects (program>>projects>>tasks) away from the main object (program). When referencing collections in a column, you can only reference 1 object (program>>project) away from the main object (program).

If it works for your case, you could start with a report at a Project level, reference up to the Program and then reference the Tasks collection, or you could create a Task report and reference up to the Program.

Thanks,

Dan

Employee
Thanks Dan - they want an in-line editable report and 99% of the information is on the program level, they just want information on one task (complete or not). Its a bummer that this isn't possible, but hopefully with new reporting next year it will be!