Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

System Admin Help request

Level 6
Hi everyone, As sys admin, I get too many emails and drive by's for Workfront help from our users. I really want to route it all through Workfront for tracking and so I can report on trends. I started to design request for support, which will be the preferred way our users can reach out to my admin team with questions, technical concerns, staff on-boarding, and requests for training. I'm curious if any of you have set up something similar and how it is working for you. Looking for any best practices and how you guys set up the custom form for this. PS: I plan to put a link to this request as the Custom Help Link. Thank you! Brian Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.
5 Replies

Level 10
check out the link below (Common user problems on roll-out). "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=1f5c0427-8225-4a5e-876a-7d207b57fbf4&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bm1f5c0427-8225-4a5e-876a-7d207b57fbf4#bm2" title="https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=1f5c0427-8225-4a5e-876a-7d207b57fbf4&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bm1f5c0427-8225-4a5e-876a-7d207b57fbf4#bm2">https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=1f5c04... -skye

Level 10
Hi Brian, We do something similar. I created a Workfront Support Team (which is just myself and my boss) and we run it like a Scrum Team. We don't really have a custom form as we have people utilize our Helpdesk for all issues so they can triage and maybe quickly resolve all problems. Those Helpdesk tickets would come into Workfront as a general Request with a very basic form. If the Helpdesk can't resolve it (and it's a WF problem) they simply assign the ticket to our team. We get the email notification and investigate the ticket and either move it into our current Sprint or leave it in the Backlog to be scheduled for another. Obviously we communicate with the Requester as well. One other thing that helps a lot, in case you're not doing this already, is using the Outlook Plugin. Whenever I get an email request or problem, I use the Outlook Plugin to bring it in to WF. It works great and brings in the Attachments. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Level 6
@Vic Alejandro the Outlook plugin is a great idea. I have a support queue set up for Admin requests, but inevitably some folks still reach out by email. This is a perfect way to get the request in WF and deliver the solution in WF for those cases. Catherine Hayes The Channel Company

Level 10
Yayyy! Yeah I love it. They really did a good job at improving the plug-in. A couple of years ago it was wonky and caused delays in Outlook. Since they moved it to Office 365 it's been awesome.

Level 9
I've had a Request queue for close to 7 years now. It works great. There's a few topics for them to choose from and small custom forms on there to gather the most basic details. I push all users there for help so I can track my time spent. I also capture the requesting group (to track which teams I support the most) and requested delivery date. Here are my different topics that users can select from. As mentioned above, I use the Outlook plugin too to convert some of the emails into these requests for tracking purpose and then let the request know how they can submit directly in the future. I'm able to pull report data for my annual review from here to show LOE of support against my KPIs. Kimberly Rea Schneider Digital Solutions Manager