Expand my Community achievements bar.

Symbols/coding in Updates - interface issue?

Level 10
Hi all, Just wonder if anyone else having same issue today... One of PM just posted some update and as soon as he posted it, it has been converted and automatically added some symblos/ coding in it. What's worse - any previous updates posted in Workfront for some reason 'been updated; with those weird codings... I've got a ticket opened with Workfront support so hopefully they will sort it out quickly.. I've attached screenshots. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD
24 Replies

Level 1
Hi Dagmarra, Yes, we seem to be having the same issue. Will flag with support now. Thanks! Amy Hill Creative Services & Brand Ops

Level 10
Hi Dags and Amy, When special characters such as apostrophes and new lines are typed into a webpage, it is best practice to "encode" them into safe ASCII characters before saving them into the database (eg to prevent malicious scripting attacks, etc.), and to "decode" them (ie reverse that step) when a user are needs to see them again later. In this case, it appears that the latter is not happening; but it should be an easy fix, so it's good that you reported it quickly. Here's some "https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1812473/difference-between-url-encode-and-html-encode">background , if you are interested. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 4
This issue is happening for our group as well. This just started today. I have sent in ticket to Workfront. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 1
We are also experiencing this issue which started today. Thank you for reporting it! Heather VerSchneider Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business

Level 10
Workfront has updated me on my ticket that they're aware of interface issue hence which HTML formatting is visible.. They're obviously on it and it's already with Tier 2 Dev Team so hopefully it will be solved sooner than later. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
Yes, seeing this issue here as well. Oddly, it doesn't seem to be happening on every single update, but the vast majority have it. David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.

Level 5
Same as well for us. Glad they have escalated it. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 6
We're experiencing this issue as well. Thanks for putting in a ticket with Workfront. Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 2
Same here... Thank you for reporting this. Liisa Blick Amway

Level 1
Yes, I can confirm it is happening to us at Barnardo's. Paul Paul Panton Barnardo's

Level 3
We are experiencing the same issue. Jennifer Franz SAE International

Level 2
Hi, Same issue in Western Europe since this morning (8h ago). Non critical , but annoying… Julien Lenoel Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp.

Level 10
Sounds like Agent Smith has infected the Workfront Matrix. We are also experiencing the problem. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
Defo... Haven't had any updated on a ticket since i've been advised Tier 2 is on it. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2

We're having the same issue. Would it be beneficial for me to put in a ticket if they're already working on it? Tori Alexander Utilitec0690z000007ZiIBAA0.jpg

Level 10
I guess it might be as it will show them that's it's all of us experiencing the issue. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 8
ditto! Shouldn't workfront send out a notification about this to their clients? This has lasted at least 3 hours?. Hopefully, workfront can fix their QA process as well, Good luck! Sounds like a pretty fun functional test to write! For us luckily most of our clients are leaving for the holiday, and work directly over email (which is properly parsing emails (at least I think it is) so it's not a super major thing for our internal users to have to read html as they are mostly developers anyway. Derek Visch Level Data

Level 1
Experiencing this as well. Jon McBain Quantum Group