Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Switch off the welcome email

Level 3

We have a new instance of Workfront onboarded with the admin console.

I would like to sign up several hundred external users without them receiving the Welcome to Workfront email as this ultimately directs them to Adobe.com and not to my instance of workfront - this means they will browse around and request access to phtotshop etc. when all I want is them to log into my Workfront.

I have found two settings (attached), one in the admin console and one in Workfront, but alas my new users STILL get the email..

Any ideas??

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After reading through the admin console documentation it might not be possible to stop the email. It sounds like it's needed for new users to Adobe products.

For new Adobe users, the Admin Console delivers an email to invite them to complete the registration process. All users must complete the registration process to access any Adobe application.

For existing Adobe users, the user may or may not receive an email about Workfront being available. This is a preference controlled by the Adobe administrator for the product.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not familiar with Admin Console yet but I know when I bulk create profiles inside of Workfront there is also an option to send an invite to users that is selected by default that you need to toggle off. It might be the same with Admin Console??

KellieGardner_0-1702568618779.png

Level 3

Hi Kellie, thank you for your response

Unfortunately, we no longer get that option! The Adobe subsidiary that configured for us showed that option on their older instance, however on the newer Admin Console version it has been removed. I will continue to search and will post here if we find a solution.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After reading through the admin console documentation it might not be possible to stop the email. It sounds like it's needed for new users to Adobe products.

For new Adobe users, the Admin Console delivers an email to invite them to complete the registration process. All users must complete the registration process to access any Adobe application.

For existing Adobe users, the user may or may not receive an email about Workfront being available. This is a preference controlled by the Adobe administrator for the product.

Hi @KellieGardner,

Thanks for the distinction about the automatic Welcome to Adobe Workfront emails being automatic for customers who are either new (yes) vs existing (optional) to Adobe Admin Console.

Another factor to be aware of is that such emails do go out for each Workfront instance (eg yourdomain.my, yourdomain.preview, yourdomain.sb01) to which a user has access, which - in one cautionary tale I’m aware of - led to a user inadvertently logging in to the wrong instance (eg preview vs prod) and mistakenly conducting Real Work in the Wrong Place.

Given that, I suggest educating users in advance about the difference between such instances (lest they get lost), and/or to reduce or restrict access for each user to Only What They Need (ie yourdomain.my, in most cases).

Regards,

Doug

Thank you for the insight Doug, a cautionary tale indeed and one we'll be sure to take note of with our new instance set up.

As I'm writing this I wonder if there is a way to get my external users to set up an Adobe profile BEFORE being notified of my Workfront, this way they should just need the URL and log straight in.. off to investigate.

Thank you

Level 10

Hi @WhitUser,

Setting up Adobe Profiles for all your users in advance might be a step in the right direction; especially if it can then control (or avoid) the critical step that associates your users to your preview and/or sandbox instances of Workfront.

To elaborate…

The cautionary tale to which I referred was a byproduct of Adobe’s default procedure to replicate “all users in all Workfront environments”.

In theory, that sounds reasonable and efficient, and might even be a long standing process that has worked well for other products Adobe has acquired and subsequently integrated into the Adobe IMS Console.

For Workfront, however...

As Designed, every Workfront User in yourdomain.my is automatically copied whenever yourdomain.preview and/or yourdomain.sb01 (etc.) is created, but (also As Designed) with email alerts in such copies wisely automatically disabled, to avoid similar confusion. Accordingly, many regular Workfront users aren’t even aware that these preview and/or sandbox copies exist, let alone that they could in fact log into them (eg for training and testing purposes, As Designed).

That Workfront Origin Story appears to be at odds with the Adobe IMS Console Default Behavior, so when the latter occurs, such users are then “surprised” to be invited to log in to an environment of which they were unaware.

I too am interested in the Best Practice to avoid this situation, which might involve:

- ideally, Adobe aligning the default Adobe IMS Console behavior with the default Workfront behavior to not send automatic emails for any Workfront environments other than yourdomain.my

- preventatively, educating both the Adobe IMS Console migration support team (cc: @jon_chen) via and Workfront SysAdmins of the existing behavior, so they (together) can then intentionally ensure that Adobe IMS Console access to Workfront preview and/or sandbox environments is only granted to those Workfront users who need (and are therefore aware of) such environments

I will add a comment linking to this thread under this related blog post 
where I am expecting a response from Adobe’s IMS Console support team, so they can include this item.

Regards,

Doug