Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Entry Date Incorrect - API Insert

Level 1

Hello - I am using v15 of the API to insert items as issues. I have a subset of items that inserted with an incorrect entry date and need to troubleshoot. Note this is not happening for all items. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Just to follow up here with the solution - because we were using test data and our logic was using an ID number as a unique identifier to connect to the correct issue. When new items were entered it overwrote the previous test data as an update rather than being inserted as new. That is why the entry date was incorrect. This will not be an issue as we move to production as the ID will always be unique.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think to help you, we will need some more information concerning your API call.

Besides that, did you check the Task Constraint of the tasks?

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Sure - we are testing a version upgrade in our lower environment and had a subset of issues that came over with an entry date that did not match the date of insert.

In my case the entry date is showing a 1/6/2022.

ManginiL_0-1702649514604.png

In another case the issue had an entry date of March 24th, 2022.

ManginiL_1-1702649514607.png

In both cases, the issue entry date should have been December 13th, 2023 –

Correct answer by
Level 1

Just to follow up here with the solution - because we were using test data and our logic was using an ID number as a unique identifier to connect to the correct issue. When new items were entered it overwrote the previous test data as an update rather than being inserted as new. That is why the entry date was incorrect. This will not be an issue as we move to production as the ID will always be unique.