Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Statuses

Level 10
Hi I've been thinking about Custom Statuses and how we might use them creatively but then found out that only people with a Planner license have access to change a Status, which really limits their usage. Does anybody know a workaround for that? (I know there are other methods for communicating a status, but the Status icon is so prominent on a Project that it seems an ideal place to be noticed.) Thanks! Jill Jill Ackerman
2 Replies

Level 4
Hi Jill, Yes, you would need to work with a planner to make a new custom status available for use and to change the status of a project. The idea is that only planners can create projects and modify project level details (e.g. project name, project description, project status, project settings, etc.) Workers can change the status of tasks and issues though. Daniel Cooley Kenall

Level 10
I agree with Daniel and would add that as a project manager I would have a problem with others being able to change the status of my project. Any status change that has to be communicated from a project perspective, I would prefer to have done through customization of the project's milestones and tied to tasks. But this is just because it works well with my team's workflow to do this. -skye