Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

How do I change the order of statuses?

Level 10

I created a new status (equated to "new") and I re-ordered it so it would appear 2nd on the list, under New in all the places in Setup. The status shows up, but it's at the bottom of the list. How do I make it be the same order as I put it into the Setup? (Am I making any sense  here)

I want the order to be

New

Not Ready to Begin

In Progress

Awaiting Feedback

etc

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I am following your question correctly, are you asking how to change the status order at the group-level? If so, under Setup > Statuses you can change the field on the right-hand side that says System Statuses to be the Group's name and then go to Request/Issue > Change Order and make the adjustments. Unfortunately, it has to be done for each group that has related projects housing the requests/issues.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@JillAc  As mentioned here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/statuses-...

try setting the group to which the user belongs in system statuses text box then arrange the status accordingly then check either existing project of that user or a new project you should be able to see. I had tested this in my instance and it works fine for groups.

Level 10

This status should be available to everyone regardless of group including external requesters. I'm looking for a way that it is showing for everyone, just like all the other statuses show. I also can't see how to assign a status to multiple groups, there is no option for it. The help screens are not helping me.

Community Advisor

On each project, there is the ability to tie the project to a group, in which case that project will then inherit the related group's status. If no group is tied to it, then it picks up the system-level statuses. If viewing a project that has an associated group, I would look into the order for that group. My feeling is that it the new status added at the system-level is at the bottom it is because it defaulted there when it went to the group level. 

Adding new statuses at the system-level and getting them to filter down to the group-levels isn't one of Workfront's best setups. When creating a new status, if you select "Lock for all groups" then all groups in the system will inherit it (which is quirky, in my opinion). If you don't select that, then it doesn't filter down.

Hope this helps!

Level 10

Thanks for this. I can't even see how to change the status setup to be viewed only for a specific group. This is for a Request Status - so the projects where the Requests are stored are related to certain groups, but where do I specify that this new status should be displayed for those groups (and I need to select multiple groups for it to appear on all the various projects that house the request queues)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I am following your question correctly, are you asking how to change the status order at the group-level? If so, under Setup > Statuses you can change the field on the right-hand side that says System Statuses to be the Group's name and then go to Request/Issue > Change Order and make the adjustments. Unfortunately, it has to be done for each group that has related projects housing the requests/issues.

Level 10

THANK YOU that worked. Not intuitive at all because there is no "save" and to change the Group Name there is no visual clue that you just have to start typing. 

Community Advisor

Agreed! Definitely could use some improvements. Glad that worked though