Expand my Community achievements bar.

Order list elements in report

Employee

I have a project report that shows details from all of project issues. I have a custom field "Team Annual Plan" defined and it can have values either "Resources Available" or "No Resources". If resources are available, I would like to show issue name with its t-shirt size (custom field "T-Shirt Size" defined at issue level), indicate that the resources are available and in which that issue can be delivered (custom field "Projected Team Delivery Quarter" defined at issue level). If resources are not available, I would like to show issue name with its t-shirt size and indicate that resources are not available.

I use lists in this report with one of it's columns defined as follows: 

valueexpression=IF({DE:Team Annual Plan}="Resources available", concat(concat(concat(concat({name}, " -"), {DE:T-Shirt Size}), " - Resources Available - "), {DE:Projected Team Delivery Quarter}), IF({DE:Team Annual Plan}="No Resources", concat(concat(concat({name}, " -"), {DE:T-Shirt Size}), " - No Resources"), "" ))
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(issues).lists
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Contributing Teams
textmode=true
type=iterate

This works as expected. This is a project report, so what you see below is one of the cell of a row in the report output.

Issue 1 - Small - Resources Available - 2023 Q3

Issue 2 - Large - Resources Available - 2023 Q4

Issue 3 - Medium - No Resources

Issue 4 - Small - Resources Available - 2023 Q4

:

:

I would like to sort this by size (large shows first, then medium, then small). Is that possible in Workfront text mode reporting?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

According to this link, the first limitation is that you cannot control the order in which collection data is displayed. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-collec...

I know @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has suggested in the past that one simply makes 3 columns -- one column specifically searching for large, then second column searching for medium, then last column searching on small resources. Then combining the 3 columns together to form one megacolumn. So you can try this? It may have an impact on report performance, but that's always the tradeoff.