Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text Mode Reporting with multiple task statuses

Level 2

I need help building a text mode column on a task report, unless there is a better suggestion of how to accomplish what I am looking for outside of using text mode. I attached a picture of my task template in workfront.

I would like to add a column that can compute the following: If 'VRT - Order Placed' parent task percent completed is equal to 100% AND 'VRT - In Progress' parent task is equal to 0%, show 'Order Placed' in the report column. If 'VRT - In Progress' parent task percent completed is between 1% and 99%, show ' Order in Progress' in the report column. and if 'VRT - In Progress' parent task percent completed is 100% then show 'Order Completed' In the report column. Is there a way to accomplish this? I know its difficult with reporting on 2 tasks and 2 different % statuses. Any help would be appreciated! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

hello Kaylee,

this should absolutely be possible to achieve using text mode.

You need to exchange any value and valuefield entries in your textmode by a single

valueexpression=

followed by a combination of a syntax like this:

IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}=0,"VRT Order Not Started",IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}<=20,"VRT Order Placed",IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}>20&&{percentComplete}<=99.8,"VRT Order in Progress","VRT Order Completed")))

To get the percentComplete value of the parent task you need to use 

{parent}.{percentComplete}

in your valueexpression.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

another option could be for a project report with a text mode column that shows the following: 

If task name is ‘Order VRT Files’ and task percent completed = 0% then display ‘VRT Order Not Started’ in column

If task name is ‘Order VRT Files’ and task percent completed 20% then display ‘VRT Order Placed’ in column

If task name is ‘Order VRT Files’ and task percent completed 20.1%-99.8% then display ‘ VRT Order In Progress’ in column

If task name is ‘Order VRT Files’ and task percent completed 100% then display ‘ VRT Order Completed’ in column

Correct answer by
Level 9

hello Kaylee,

this should absolutely be possible to achieve using text mode.

You need to exchange any value and valuefield entries in your textmode by a single

valueexpression=

followed by a combination of a syntax like this:

IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}=0,"VRT Order Not Started",IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}<=20,"VRT Order Placed",IF(CONTAINS("order vrt files",LOWER({name}))&&{percentComplete}>20&&{percentComplete}<=99.8,"VRT Order in Progress","VRT Order Completed")))

To get the percentComplete value of the parent task you need to use 

{parent}.{percentComplete}

in your valueexpression.

Regards

Lars