Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Specific Task report

Level 2

I am trying to create a task report that shows all current projects that have this task. I am only able to show the task if I select a filter for the Task Name and select each project from the pulldown option when adding filters to the report. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Lyndsy is correct in that "contains" is the proper filter modifier if you're using the wizard. In text mode, you would use "cicontains" so it's not case sensitive.

When you use the wizard (not textmode) and the "equals" modifier, it automatically, and in the backend changes "name" to "ID" so you don't end up with a gazillion returns in your payload. If you actually want to match the name and not the ID, you should not use "equals".

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

For a more immediate solution, if you can use "Contains" instead of "Equal to," you should be able to filter all tasks of that name.

Better yet, use milestone paths. When you have milestones in place, you filter your task report on all tasks with a certain milestone. I use this to plot an asset's deploy date on a calendar.

Level 2

The issue that I have is that "Contains" is not an option in the pulldown menu.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Lyndsy is correct in that "contains" is the proper filter modifier if you're using the wizard. In text mode, you would use "cicontains" so it's not case sensitive.

When you use the wizard (not textmode) and the "equals" modifier, it automatically, and in the backend changes "name" to "ID" so you don't end up with a gazillion returns in your payload. If you actually want to match the name and not the ID, you should not use "equals".

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 2

Once I switch back to "Task - Name" I was able to see "Contains" in the pulldown and the report worked as expected. Thanks.

Level 10

um… that's a dropdown selector in a web browser. We're talking about a Workfront report.