Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Solution for Running out of Document Storage

Level 1

Hi there! We recently just ran into an issue where we ran out of storage in our instance for just Documents, not Proofs (yet). We're looking into paying to increase our storage, but also wanted to check with all of you to see if you all had any other option that works instead of buying more. Feels like one of those charges that we'll have to keep adding to every couple of years and curious of what they are. Thank you in advance! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

The only way around this is to implement some type of governance policy around storage limits by year and then automating the removal of items based on that.

We are a regulated company so we go by that limit with our platforms.

Community Advisor

Do you have a different tool for file saving like Box/Sharepoint/etc.? Could leverage those more if so and have parameters over what goes in WF (working files, reference files) vs. another tool (final files). If not, and if you cannot employ another tool for this, perhaps it becomes an archiving exercise to free up space (i.e. all documents 3+yrs old are deleted).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

Hi @LivHem1,

Further to what @KellieGardner and @Madalyn_Destafney suggested, as listed as an option under our Workfront Snapshot solution, I invite you to consider our Document Extract solution which can be used to synchronize documents from Workfront down to a centralized folder in a logical Project > Task > Issue hierarchy that mimics the files locations within Workfront one-time (so you can then purge from Workfront to reduce space), and then optionally at some regular cadence (for backup purposes). If you'd like more information, I'd be happy to chat further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

I think there is one more option, but to be confirmed with Support or Account rep. You can simply extend Workfront storage space at additional cost. It was mentioned in the community in the past:
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/purchase-more-storage/m-p/62452...