Expand my Community achievements bar.

So here's my dumb query of the day: I absolutely get how the person assigned to Task 2 can get an alert when Task 1 is completed that they are "up to bat," but short of a "Project You're Working On Becomes Active" alert....

Level 6

....I don't see a way to let the owner of Task 1 automatically get an alert that the project has become active.

Background: We have automated the conversion of a request directly into a project for certain request types to remove the need for admin overhead. But the designer (who has the first task to update the piece) isn't getting an email that says, "Task 1 is up: it's all yours."

Help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ryan,

I'll see your dumb query, and raise you a silly answer.

My educated guess is that because that first Task has no predecessors, there is no event where the Handoff Date gets filled in, which is effectively what triggers the alert you're looking for.

So! To get what you want, I suggest you consider adding a predecessor task ahead of the existing (assigned) Task 1 called "Kick Off Project" (or something aesthetically similar) and make your automated request conversion just a teensy bit smarter: upon converting the request to a project, have it also mark that Kick Off Project task as complete, thereby filling in that next "real" Task's Handoff Date, and in turn, sending the alert to the Owner of Task 1.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Hey Ryan,

I think I know just the notification you are looking for. Under Setup > Email > Notifications > Information About Projects I'm On there is a notification you can activate called Current Project Status Change to Project Team. Essentially this will send an email to the whole project team "anyone under staffing/people" saying: This project you are assigned to is now: Active.

This will notify Task 1 Owner the project is no longer planning and it's current and they can begin. Task 2 Owner will also get the email and know, hey this project is starting now be prepared that it's coming down the pipeline.