Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multi-piece Campaign Project

Level 2

Hello - I am new to this group. I work in a Creative Services department for a healthcare company. Here's what I need help with. I would like to know how other creative departments handle multi-piece campaigns in Workfront. For example, we might have a fulfillment/kitting job that consists of several individual pieces that each need their own project (and proofing workflow) but live under the large umbrella of an overall campaign. Right now, we are entering them individually but are struggling how to keep them all working simultaneously/together, so it’s clear in the end that each of projects must kit/ship together. When individual project are assigned to different designers, it’s not always clear that individual projects tie together with other projects. Confusion!

I remember during our implementation phase talking about creating a multi-asset request/project but we never got around to the details or how to create that. I recall that there is a way to have an overall project that has individual projects within it…I think. Does anyone have campaigns like this that can suggest best practices for such a scenario?

Thanks!

Carrie Downing, Creative Services Print Manager

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Carrie,

I recently posted about how we handle campaigns here: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006WELR0CAP/can-i-link-other-projects-through-tasks

But in addition to that for fulfillment/kitting we add a "Kitting" template on our campaign project that consists of tasks that our print manager wants for tracking the things she needs to do for creating kits.

Sometimes that template is in place of or in addition to our template for the creative of the campaign. If the kit consists of things that are just being re-printed or maybe project samples we don't need the creative tasks, just those tasks that our print manager wants.

Level 4

Hi Carrie -- do you all utilize Programs for your campaigns? That's generally a good way to manage multiple projects under a campaign.

'Portfolio > PROGRAM > Project > Tasks

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Create-and-manage-programs-988863276