Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simple 3 Month Report - or not?

Level 2

I have been wracking my brain on setting up a relatively simple 3 month report, but I cant seem to wrap my head around it.

I am looking to put, what i assumed to be, a very simple graph on a dashboard to our Leadership team:

I want to, in columns basically show the next 3 months - How many Projects are expected to start up, how many are running and how many are expected to complete.

I am kinda imagining a stacked column, greens for projects starting, grey for projects neither starting nor ending, red for projects completing.

I hope there is some simple trick I am not seeing, outside of exporting data to Excel or Power-BI.

Cheers

-Stefan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Stefan,

One way to handle this without having to resort to Excel or Power-BI would be as follows:

• create a custom calculated parameter called "Leadership Assessment" on your Project Custom form(s)
  • set its calculation to the formula below
  • ensure every project of interest has that form attached to it
  • build a Project report that groups and charts by Leadership Assessment

Optionally, you could include only Projects with values of "Starting", "Completing" or "Running" in your report. You could also refine the Leadership Assessment even further (e.g. On Hold, Running Late, etc.) to be more precise. And you might want to consider using Projected Dates rather than Planned Dates, as doing so might better represent when things are projected to happen, rather than were planned to happen.

And finally, to ensure the data stays current, I'd recommend you periodically refresh the calculations periodically either manually, or using either our Recalc Helper or Recalc Parameters solutions.

I'm interested to hear how you make out -- good luck!

Regards,

Doug

----------------------------------

IF(ISBLANK(Actual Completion Date)

,IF(Planned Start Date > $$TODAY

, IF(Planned Start Date < $$TODAY+3m

,"Starting"

,IF(Planned Completion Date > $$TODAY

,IF(Planned Start Date < $$TODAY+3m

, "Completing"

,"Running"

)"Running"