Expand my Community achievements bar.

Show simple duration breakdown on a project view

Level 3

Hey there hive! Does anyone know how to get the simple calculated time breakdown for assignments that is in a task to show on a project view? I would love to be able to look at all the tasks in a project and see how many hours were allotted to each person, without having to open the individual task and look at it in there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi Kelly -

You can accomplish this with this textmode code:

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"",CONCAT({name}," - ",{role}.{name},"- ",{workRequired}/60,IF({workRequired}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour")))))

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Current Task / PCD

textmode=true

type=iterate

The issue you'll run into is that you can't force the results to group by task name so you'll get the breakdown by job role but they may not appear in sequence in the results.

0694X00000AsetWQAR.png

Level 10

Huh! Very interesting Teale,

I'm surprised that enumerating Tasks in that fashion then breaks out multiple Roles per Task (e.g. a collection within a collection), and would have expected only one row per Task, with the Primary Role.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

Welcome! I'm glad you like it 😀