Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting how many projects are in a certain phase

Level 3

Good morning!

I am being asked to give a project count on how many projects are done being created, reviewed and are now in the production phase for certain portfolios.

To figure that out I believe I would need to create a task report that filtered by any tasks that have all parent tasks completed prior to the final parent task which is, "production" and then grouped by project.

Can anyone help me out with a text mode code?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Vanessa -

I was able to accomplish this by assigning the other parent tasks as Predecessors to the Production Phase task. Then I set my report filters like this: Task -> Number of Children > 1, Task Indent = 0, Task -> Name contains Production, Task -> Status Not Equal Complete and Predecessors Is Complete = True. Grouping by Portfolio will then give you a count of the # of projects in the Production Phase.

Not the textmode code you were looking for, I know, and may require some work if the Predecessor relationships don't exist.

Hope it helps,

Teale

Level 3

Thank you Teale! I will look at this direction, I think it will be very helpful.

Appreciate your response :)