Expand my Community achievements bar.

Routing of requests after completion

Level 1
Hi all, I'm new to Workfront and this community. I am implementing the Requests feature for our organization. The Client Service team will enter in a request that I have being routed to appropriate team managers to assign work within Workfront. My issue is that once the request is completed, I need it to be routed to our accounting department so that the request can be billed. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks! Erin Romo Utilitec
2 Replies

Level 6
Requests are intended to be simple, one-step routings, so dont really support muti-step routes. However, there are ways to handle this. 1) Add an approval route so that when the item is marked as complete, it is complete-pending approval, with the approval coming from accounting.You may also want to have accounting work from a report showing items in complete pending approval status (building on the above) if they arent comfortable with the approvals tab. 3) Add a new status, that equates with complete, called "Accounting Review". The person doing the work sets the status to A/R instead of COMPLETE and then accounting moves it from Accounting Review to Complete. Again, you could have a dashboard (tab perhaps) for accounting to work, which shows items in accounting review status. Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource

Level 3
We treat requests like a project. Once the initial "vetting" of the request is processed, we convert the request into a project using a template of tasks that need to be performed. Each person signs off (if required) or simply completes the task. When the project completes, the request closes. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc