Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Resource Reporting help

Community Advisor

I need to run a report for our leadership team that shows any projects with a specific pool of users on them and what users they are.

I've tried doing this at the task level but the data just doesn't present itself in a way that leadership wants to see.

My vision is to have it as a project report with the following columns:

Project Name | Project Status | Column that lists only specific users names if they meet the criteria

Can this be done by referencing a collection of user data? Can I filter by user data as well?

@Doug Den Hoed‚ tagging you as the text mode genius and wondering if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Kellie

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was able to solve my own problem after a lot of trial and error. Here is the code if anyone is looking

displayname= *enter the name of your field*

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({user}.{teamID}="id of name",{user}.{name},"")

valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I think if I were to try something like this, I would start with an Assignment report with a prompt for Resource Pool and Date Range. You could also add a prompts for client and or portfolio to narrow it down. Add columns for project name, project status, User name. And filter accordingly.

Community Advisor

There are a few issues with this type of report that won't get leadership the clean view they want.

1) I can't filter by resource pool in a task or assignment report (maybe I'm missing where to do it but I haven't found it anywhere - maybe in text mode?)

2) this will show every issue, task, etc they are assigned when leadership just wants a clean project list to quickly identify which projects have their resources assigned.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was able to solve my own problem after a lot of trial and error. Here is the code if anyone is looking

displayname= *enter the name of your field*

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({user}.{teamID}="id of name",{user}.{name},"")

valueformat=HTML

Great job Kellie: I'd set this one aside to look at later, but am impressed that you solved it on your own!

Regards,

Doug