Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resource Planner Tool

Level 1
For the new Resource Planner Tool, the report for users only shows weekly level and not day level for available hours. Is there any way I can see this by day which was possible before this change?
3 Replies

Level 10
Unfortunately, no. However, it seems that a lot of us have complained enough about this that they are thinking about adding it in 19.1 ;) For right now, I have been creating a team of users that the executive needs and then give them a link to the Working On Calendar for the daily view and a filter for the resource planner for weekly/monthly/quarterly. Not ideal, but at least they can get to the information. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
This is something we have been dealing with as well, and something I have talked to the Support Team and Product Development about. In the Resource Planner, if you have it set to the weekly view and expand the user info, you can see the hours planned for the that day highlighted in blue. However, it doesn't give you the condensed view of everyone's daily hours, which is still an issue for us. If you go to the Scheduling tool in the Resource Planner you do get that condensed daily view of hours, but you can only utilize the Scheduling Tool if you are listed as the Resource Manager on projects. Another issue is that the hours shown can't be filtered down to only the projects that are In Progress/ Production. This hour summary includes things that are in Planning or that are On Hold, so it's not an accurate look at what the team is currently working on for that day. There is a filter option in the Scheduling Tool, but it only applies to Unassigned work (which is frustrating). Maria Criscella Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
Very good summary which highlights the issues with the Scheduler (lack of filter options) and Planner (lack of daily view). I really hope that they improve both of these tools so that they can each be used with flexibility for different purposes. David Cornwell