Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Grouping several statuses

Level 1
Hello, I would like to create a new grouping, which groups several statuses. The objective is: group1 will be all projects with status IDA and REQ group2 will be all projects with status CUR and REA group 3 will be all projects with status INT I would like to see the number of projects in group 1, 2 and 3. I tried with CONTAINS but does not work... Any idea ? Thanks ! Elodie TRAUTMANN Hospital Universitaire Geneva
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Elodie, Although it is also possible to create a dynamic grouping with IF statements to combine the statuses into broader groups, my preference is to create a common calculated custom parameter on the Project custom form(s). That way, the logic is centralized (for control and easier maintenance), and the data is persisted in the Workfront database, and can easily be used for sorting, grouping, filtering, prompting, on views, plus (the biggie) charting. In your example, such a "Reporting Status Group" calculated custom parameter might have a formula such as IFIN(status,"IDA","REQ","Group1",IFIN(status,"CUR","Group2",IFIN(status","INT","Group3",status))) I like the IFIN pattern (even for single status cases) because it lends itself to expansion later, should you decide to add other cases. I also chose to expose any status other than the 5 you mentioned as itself (via the last "status" in the list). You might prefer to lump all other status values into "Group4" or "Group?", etc; and of course, you could also simply filter for "Group1", ""Group2", "Group3" specifically. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads