Expand my Community achievements bar.

Planner licensed user cannot change the status of tasks assigned to them

Level 2

I have a user is set up as a planner in the system and they are currently having an issue where they aren't able to mark any of their tasks as completed, despite the attached custom for allowing users with Manage or Contribute status having that right (see below).

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 9.57.51 AM.png

I am also unable to change the share status of this user to allow them the ability to Manage or Contribute when I turn off the inherited permissions and manually assign them to the share list. Currently the inherited permission for this user is set to View only.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 10.01.01 AM.png

And this is what I see whenever I add them in manually, with Inherited Permissions turned off:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 10.05.16 AM.png

 I assumed that as the sys admin, I should be able to make the necessary change to correct this, but I am kind of hitting a wall as to what I can actually do here. I don't PM any requests, so any changes I make would be independent of the project owner, but at the moment, I am the only one who chan change the task status for this user, other than the project owner (I would assume). And that's not really the best use of my time, or the person who is assigned these tasks.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hmm, strange. I'd check a couple things:
- Is this new planner user in your Company in setup?

- Is the new planner trying to change tasks/projects to a custom status(es) they don't have shared with them?

- Are the tasks sharing different than the project? I.e. you can have the project sharing but then specific tasks within it may have different sharing/further restrictions.

- Check your Planner access level is set to what needs to be for edit vs view for various things

- You said even if you remove the inherited perms on the project and add this person ad hoc that you still only have View? That makes me wonder about the Company again.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

The user is assigned to our Company (that's something that should, and does, happen automatically), they are being shared in the project and tasks. I do have a version of the Planner license that disallows editing tasks, but even if I change it over to the system default Planner license, they're not able to edit the tasks status on these two projects. All they really want to do is mark the task as complete, but the option to move the percentage slider or select the Complete status on the assigned tasks are locked to them). And if I turn off the inherited permissions, and add them ad hoc, they are locked to view only on the projects in question (I believe I provided a picture showing that in my original message). Frankly, I am at a loss, and I feel like I might have to make a ticket about this, at this rate. It's just weird.