Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Resource managers how do you manage?

Level 10

We are a small team and we don't use the resource tools hardly at all so I'm wondering if there are other people who are small like us with small creative teams who wing it more than plan it. I have a new person who will assign work for the first time since we launched 2.5 years ago and I'm re-evaluating how they are notified that someone needs to be assigned.

Currently we have 2 tasks in every project that says "Assign designer" and "Assign Copywriter" The Design Director says that's the only way he knows that there's a new project to assign someone to. Even though he is a Resource Manager in the project, he says he gets no other notifications when a project is launched, and he puts those notifications in a folder if he doesn't action them immediately. This works for him, but I also find that I'm constantly marking his "assign designer" task complete because he forgets/doesn't get back to it (and he's the sweetest most hard working guy so he gets a pass.)

I find this very curious. Are there any other people out there who have directors who won't go learn about the resource management tools, but need to know when a new project is live so they can pay attention to what is needed? How do you handle this?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

We have a similar situation with two users who don't regularly log into the tool but need to get notified of new projects so they can do an initial review for cyber security impacts. We created a report and scheduled it to be emailed daily to the two reviewers. If the report is null, the email says there is nothing to review. Otherwise, it will attach the report with the list of new project requests to be reviewed that have a "new" status. Once the status is changed, it is no longer included in the daily report.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

We have a similar situation with two users who don't regularly log into the tool but need to get notified of new projects so they can do an initial review for cyber security impacts. We created a report and scheduled it to be emailed daily to the two reviewers. If the report is null, the email says there is nothing to review. Otherwise, it will attach the report with the list of new project requests to be reviewed that have a "new" status. Once the status is changed, it is no longer included in the daily report.