Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on what milestone a subtask is a part of?

Level 9

I'm trying to run an hourly report and I'd like to know the milestone that the task is assigned to in the report. I can't seem to pull anything but the actual parent task. Anyone have any tricks, ideas, suggestions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi Christina -

Are you saying you want the Milestone Name that is associated with the Parent task? Can you give me some more details?

What object are you building the report on? Sounds like Hours

This textmode code pulls the name of the milestone into an Hours report.

displayname=

linkedname=task

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=task

namekeyargkey.1=milestone

namekeyargkey.2=name

querysort=task:milestone:name

textmode=true

valuefield=task:milestone:name

valueformat=HTML

If there are other variables that I'm not accounting for let me know.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 9

Yes, this is an hours report.

Parent task: Production & Distribution (also the milestone name)

Subtask 1

Subtask 2

Subtask 3

What I'd like to know is for Subtask1......what's the milestone of the parent task? (Production & Distribution)

I'm not sure how to accomplish that since the subtask does not have a milestone associated with it.

Level 7

Maybe consider a different approach. Try using a Task report and filter where Actual Hours are greater than 0??

When I run the Hours report I see the same tasks over and over which is a lot of minutia to sift through.

On a Task report, this textmode pulls the milestone name of the parent task.

valuefield=parent:milestone:name

link.linkproperty.0.name=ID

link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int

link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=parent:milestone:name

link.valuefield=parent:objCode

link.lookup=link.view

link.valueformat=val

descriptionkey=Milestone

textmode=true

shortview=false

stretch=0

linkedname=milestone

valueformat=HTML

namekey=parent

displayname=Milestone Name

width=150

querysort=parent:milestone:name

listsort=nested(parent).string(milestone)

In the screenshot, you can see the Task, it's Parent, the Milestone Name associated with the parent and the Actual Hours.0694X00000DTShbQAH.png

I'm not sure this is really helpful. I'm not able to find a way to access the parent tasks from Hours in the API Explorer. That's when I try to get creative.

Best -

Teale

Hmm let me chew on that one for a bit. We're using an hour report since we have hours on projects, tasks, and requests so it was the most comprehensive one I could capture all time with. (we also want to pull in non-project hours like Meetings-Consultation, etc.).

I like the way you think....I'm going to keep on plugging at it!