Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Report to show what groups people are in?

Level 10

I need a report that shows everyone who is in a certain group, or not in a certain group. Since "other groups" allows multiple groups populated, I can see why this isn't a field in a report.

I created a report called "Who is in Default Group" and made 2 columns -- "In the group" and "Not in the group". However, I don't know how to get that column to populate. I think I can do this easily with a Grouping instead of a column, but a column would be better. Is there a code to get that column to populate yes or no?

Here is my lame attempt at an IF -- the conditions are clearly not right, but I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong

I'm trying to say if they are Home Group=Default Group OR Other Group in Default Group then "Yes"

IF(homeGroupID=5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535_Mod=eq,"Yes",IF(otherGroupIDs=5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535_Mod=in,"Yes","No"))

displayname=In Default Group

textmode=true

valueformat=

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Groups is a collection so you would have to used the nested(userGroups) to get to this information. Since it will return a value for each group they are in, I would recommend just using yes and "" instead of no so you don't get a no for every group they are in.

displayname=All Groups

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535",{groupID}),"Yes","")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Groups is a collection so you would have to used the nested(userGroups) to get to this information. Since it will return a value for each group they are in, I would recommend just using yes and "" instead of no so you don't get a no for every group they are in.

displayname=All Groups

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535",{groupID}),"Yes","")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

Level 10

This worked, thank you! I would never have known to use collections ...