Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report: Tasks Assigned Only to Project Managers

Level 2

Can I create a report (task or assignment) that shows only tasks assigned to a specific role? Similar to "is primary" but something like "Assigned to Role ID is the only assignee". For example, I want to see what tasks we have that are only assigned to a PM and not to any other users or roles. I've run a template task report and can manually figure it out, but I'm hoping to be able to pull a task or assignment report that will basically isolate tasks that only a PM is assigned to.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, not sure how many tasks you're working with but you could do an assignment report then add a filter for assigned to job role = project manager (or whatever you specifically call it in your instance). In the report columns, have an assignments column and sort by that column. Then you can see which tasks are assigned to only a PM or PM + others. I say that it depends how many tasks you think you'll be working with bc if you have a ton of PM + others, can take you a while to sift through. I'd also add some filters to hone in on projects you're looking within (current status, entered this quarter, etc.).

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1723582076137.png

If you don't want to filter through, you can add a filter for assignment role not equal and list all other roles to help filter down.

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1723582217923.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, not sure how many tasks you're working with but you could do an assignment report then add a filter for assigned to job role = project manager (or whatever you specifically call it in your instance). In the report columns, have an assignments column and sort by that column. Then you can see which tasks are assigned to only a PM or PM + others. I say that it depends how many tasks you think you'll be working with bc if you have a ton of PM + others, can take you a while to sift through. I'd also add some filters to hone in on projects you're looking within (current status, entered this quarter, etc.).

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1723582076137.png

If you don't want to filter through, you can add a filter for assignment role not equal and list all other roles to help filter down.

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1723582217923.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )