Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report Sorting Issue

Level 2
I have created a report called Current Tasks. It is designed to show tasks that are due in the current week. The issue that I am having is that the Due Date column will not sort. So I have tasks that are current but due several weeks out above tasks that are current and due in the current week. My user would like to sort the tasks in the order of due date but I can't figure out how to configure that. I am showing you the report column view, The filter that brings in the tasks and the text behind the Due Date column. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan Bryan Blake
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 4
Hi Bryan, If you change the Due Date column back to standard mode, you can select the checkbox for sort by this column. If you need to leave the column in text mode because of some editing that you've done, add these two lines to the bottom of the code for the column; sortOrder=1 sortType=asc Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA

Level 2
Andrew, Thanks for responding. The text mode is not used, I was simply showing the code that was in that view. The normal operation is in standard mode but there is no checkbox for sorting on due date. That checkbox is what I would like to add. When I add your code the report crashes with this message " Invalid Parameter: Search Parameter value "null" (RequestID: 5a0e006c00aedae544e4749bb878cdac) " Thanks, Bryan Bryan Blake Spectrum GAC

Level 3
Hi Bryan. It's odd that you're not seeing the "Sort" box on this field. I set up a filter like the one you showed, and I still have the check box, and it sorts just fine. What browser are you using? I gave up on using IE for report development due to miscellaneous strange behavior and now use Chrome exclusively. (Granted, it's been a while since I originally used IE, and they may have improved support for it at this point.) Another browser would at least be something quick to try before you beat your head against the desk too much. Kathy

Level 4
Hi Bryan, Maybe you need to remove and add Due Date (Planned Completion Date) back into the view. It will have an option when selected to sort by the column. See attached screenshot. Best, Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA

Level 10
Hi Bryan. The "invalid search parameter" message suggests to me that Workfront thinks that the Due Date column is a (now missing) custom form Parameter, vs a built in field. Perhaps it one did exist, you happened to choose it, but it's been subsequently deleted. To be safe, I'd suggest deleting that column from your view, then adding it "fresh" as a new column. Perhaps the sort button will then appear, as it does for Kathy. Regards, Doug

Level 7
Hi, i have been having a similar sort of problem in the way that I am trying to sort a report but a column, I have used the text mode sortOrder=1 and sortType=asc and the system is recognising this as it puts the little icon next to the column name but it does not seem to sort the column. Any ideas? Vicky Fitzgerald

Level 10
Hi Vicky, if you can provide the type of report object (project, task, issue, etc.) and the full text of the column, that'll help the community response.

Level 7
Hi Narayan, It is currently a task report I am running but I have noticed this on previous reports before but can't think what these are off the top of my head! The text that I currently have in the column is: displayname=Program Name linkedname=project:program namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project:program namekeyargkey.1=name querysort=project:program:name sortOrder=1 sortType=asc textmode=true valuefield=project:program:name valueformat=HTML Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 10
That helps, but I confirm that it doesn't work for me either. I've tried simplifying the text with no luck. I'd open a support request if you can't find a solution here. valuefield=project:program:name valueformat=HTML sortType=asc sortOrder=1 textmode=true querysort=project:program:name

Level 8
Try using the Planned Completion Date field instead of Due Date, and you should be able to sort by that. I also found this: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000126694-Sort-by-Issue-Due-Date Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 1
Sorting not working in text mode is a known issue. My WF admin reported it to WF Support where it was classified as a bug. They will fix next year sometime. If you want it sooner then we'll have to make some noise. Bob Thorp MXM