Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report on Late Tasks/Projects based on Estimated Due Dates

Level 1
Hello all, I would like to make two reports. One on reporting late tasks. We're trying to see where projects get stuck and if we should provide more more time on each task. We also want a report on late projects. We want these pulled monthly, so the issue is even if we close a project we want to see how many late projects we had that month, either currently open or closed. Is this possible? Molly Waddell Luminex MarCom
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3
Hi Molly! Sorry your question was overlooked! If I'm understanding what you're requesting, yes this is possible; it just takes a quick jump in and out of text mode to get it to work. I'll get you started with a task report as an example. In your filter window, you want to end up with something that looks like the following: The trick is the very first line of the filter in this graphic. Assemble your filter as you see above, but leave out the very first line (actual completion greater than planned completion). Once you have everything but that, enter text mode and paste the following lines at the very top: actualCompletionDate=FIELD:plannedCompletionDate actualCompletionDate_Mod=gt You can then switch back to standard mode (ignore the warning), and the result should be what is in the graphic above. I believe this will achieve what you're looking for in a monthly report. Even though my example was for a task report, you should be able to do something similar with a project report. One item to note…since time stamps will be factored into the actual vs planned completion analysis, if you are viewing only dates (and not times) in your report, you may on occasion see dates that appear to match because the time stamps are not the same. Hopefully this gets you pointed in the proper direction! Kathy