Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report for Projects with X or fewer tasks

Level 9
We recently started using Workfront to request job numbers as a means to ditch our old system and encourage Workfront adoption. We do this by opening a project with a single task in it (assigned to our Finance team). We want to see if we can monitor how many of these jobs get opened and ultimately go nowhere (or get worked on outside of Workfront). To that end, I'm looking for a way to create a report that shows any project with fewer than 2 or 3 tasks, but I don't see a way to do that. Any ideas, my fellow Workfront nerds? Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group
3 Replies

Level 3
Hi Anthony, I'm always up for a nerd challenge! This is actually relatively easy, but you wouldn't know it because the field you need isn't in the report creator anywhere (or if it is, my eyes crossed before I saw it!). If you create a project report, you can add the following column in text mode to show you the number of tasks: displayname=Tasks namekey=totalTaskCount textmode=true valuefield=totalTaskCount valueformat=doubleAsInt You can then apply the following in a filter (once again, in text mode): totalTaskCount=3 totalTaskCount_Mod=lte Hopefully that helps! Kathy

Level 10
Elegant solution Kathy: I like it! Anthony, if you'd like a more graphical solution, here's my offering, which leverages the concept of Task Number (1, 2, 3...in order of appearance) and -- using a Task Report -- highlights those with 1, 2, or 3 (among only those with up to 5, for performance) in a histogram for point > click > whack. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 9
Thank you both, I have something I can work with now. I may have a bit more work to do to further refine the report to match our use case a little more closely, but this is a great start. Thanks again! Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group