Expand my Community achievements bar.

tracking costs for by-asset freelancers

Level 6
We use a pool of freelance creative resources. Some bill at an hourly rate and others on a by-asset rate. We've set an hourly rate within the accounts of our hourly freelancers and can track their cost as they log time on tasks. This approach doesn't provide an accurate picture of costs for tasks assigned to by-asset freelancers though. I'm looking for suggestions on an approach to better tracking costs on this group of users. Thanks! Catherine Hayes The Channel Company
2 Replies

Level 4
Catherine, The only option I can think of is assign the asset task to the by-asset freelancer and on that task enter an expense for the amount charged. This gets added automatically into the total cost of the project so you won't be losing anything. You can also have expenses added in a template if it helps. I know you are looking for a potential easier way than remembering to add the expense and depending on the number of asset types you have that are developed this way, there isn't an easier way except having all the assets listed as a task each with their respective cost as an expense in a template and then you delete the assets your not creating and multiply the cost (or duplicate the task) if more than one version of the same asset needs to be created. Or you can have an API integration developed that will put the expense in for you based on criteria entered on a task but I would look into that only if you have hundreds of different assets created this way to make it worth it (unless you purchased Fusion already). I hope this helps with some ideas! Happy to brainstorm more if needed, David
DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 6
Thanks @David Taylor - moventus . ! Yes, that does make sense. I was also thinking of using the project Fixed Cost to account for by asset freelance costs, but your solution would be a clean way to itemize those costs rather than lump them together. I appreciate you helping me think this through. Catherine Hayes The Channel Company