Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report for Job Roles

Level 5
I was trying to do something like what I posted here: "https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3hhCAB/">Job Role-Based (Planned) Billed Labor Report The idea is to consolidate planned hours and subsequent planned billing amount by job role to produce a quote that looks something like this: Job Role 1 Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role 1 Total Billed Labor Job Role 2 Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role 2 Total Billed Labor . . . Job Role N Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role N Total Billed Labor Expense 1 Billed Amount Expense 2 Billed Amount . . . Expense N Billed Amount Total Billed Labor: $_______ Total Billed Expenses: $______ Doug indicated there is a slick way if you by his app, but that's not an option for us right now. I figured another way may be to group by job role name (more usefule than ID), which was the topic of this thread. I certainly appreciate any help! Thanks, Richard Fabini VIA Motors
8 Replies

Level 5
Nevermind.... I found it... Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 10
Hi: What kind of report are you creating? User? Task? Assignment? Thanks, Eric

Level 2
Hi Jazmin, How did you end up accomplishing this? I'm struggling with the same thing. Thanks, Richard Fabini VIA Motors

Level 7
Hi Richard, just jumping in here, what type of report are you trying to run? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
I was trying to do something like what I posted here: "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=295&MessageKey=b0c335c6-1c8d-497f-b989-b1ce653c6ab2&CommunityKey=ccf3381b-a473-4ef2-9f81-4dd3244cf522&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fparticipate%2fallrecentposts">Job Role-Based (Planned) Billed Labor Report The idea is to consolidate planned hours and subsequent planned billing amount by job role to produce a quote that looks something like this: Job Role 1 Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role 1 Total Billed Labor Job Role 2 Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role 2 Total Billed Labor . . . Job Role N Number of planned hours Billing Rate Job Role N Total Billed Labor Expense 1 Billed Amount Expense 2 Billed Amount . . . Expense N Billed Amount Total Billed Labor: $_______ Total Billed Expenses: $______ Doug indicated there is a slick way if you by his app, but that's not an option for us right now. I figured another way may be to group by job role name (more usefule than ID), which was the topic of this thread. I certainly appreciate any help! Thanks, Richard Fabini VIA Motors

Level 7
On a Task, Assignment or User Report, you can Group by Job Role --> Name and you can Filter by Job Role -->Name. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Hey Richard, Often times the ID for a field will be visible in the GUI, but not the name. If you only see the ID field, select it, switch to text mode, and change the following: valuefield=objectNameID to valuefield=objectName:name So for example: valuefield=assignedToID -> valuefield=assignedTo:name I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 2
Thank you, Dustin, this answers my question exactly. I'll open a ticket to request an improvement here (it's super confusing). Richard Fabini VIA Motors