Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Remove Create New project from project reports header

Level 10

Is there a way to remove the new "Create New Project" from project reports? We have removed the "Projects" icon from the waffle menu because we only want people creating projects from within a portfolio. Or is this just another example of Adobe eroding our ability to govern our own Workfront instance?

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 11.13.47 am.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I agree on this request. 

We'd go a step further and suggest it should be a portfolio level setting.  Our use case is that in some portfolios projects should only be created by:

• Fusion (via integration from a 3rd party system)
  • Using a Request (where Fusion does the conversion)

The "new project" feels like the right place to click for users who have forgotten training or have "chosen" to teach themselves.  This just creates projects that have to be manually cleaned and created through the correct path.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

I agree on this request. 

We'd go a step further and suggest it should be a portfolio level setting.  Our use case is that in some portfolios projects should only be created by:

• Fusion (via integration from a 3rd party system)
  • Using a Request (where Fusion does the conversion)

The "new project" feels like the right place to click for users who have forgotten training or have "chosen" to teach themselves.  This just creates projects that have to be manually cleaned and created through the correct path.