Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proofing User Permissions Report

Level 4
Hey All, Is there a way to pull a report that shows the proof permissions users have (admin, supervisor or manager)? Either in Proof (via views?) or in WF reporting? I'm not finding a field that pulls the data in. Trying to audit what we have all our users set to and trying to avoid going into every one of their profiles individually to look. Thank you in advance! Leslie Stinson Viasat, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 7
Hi @Leslie Stinson , I combed through WF Reporting (User Report, etc.) and tried to find where that "Proof Permission Profile" field could be pulled in as a Column or as a Filter in a report but had no luck. I then went into Workfront Proof (we have the integrated version) via the Checkmark Icon access that I have as a System Admin in my toolbar, and was able to find a list of my users who have a Proof License and what their proof permission profile was. It took many a click, but here is how I found it. Go to Account Settings. Click on Profiles. This will show you the different Profiles (Administrator/Supervisor…) and the number of active users in each. Scan over to the far right of each Profile, and you will see ellipses for more information. Click on that and you can choose to "View profile details". Once the details page opens up, scroll all the way down the page, and it will list all of the Users that have that Profile - for example, all of the users that have Administrator profile. Hope this helps out… Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
@Terry Hynd -- you're awesome and if you're ever in Seattle I want to buy you a coffee or some cake or something. -skye

Level 10
That is very clever, Terry. Well done. But Skye...do they sell coffee in Seattle? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Doug -- best kept secret in town! -skye

Level 9

Bumping this up - does anyone know if this is now something we can report on?

Community Advisor

Skye told me about this thread. We had a need to report on this, and I'm happy to report it's possible to do directly in Workfront.

On a user report, add the below text mode to a column in your view to understand which level of access a user has in Proof:

displayname=Proof Permission Profile

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({proofAccountRole}=5,"Manager",IF({proofAccountRole}=4,"Supervisor",IF({proofAccountRole}=3,"Admin",{proofAccountRole})))

valueformat=int

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 1

Hi , Where i can  find the proofAccountRole ?  is there any different API explorer available for Proof? 

could you please share the link where the proofAccountRole is found.API explorer imageAPI explorer image

Community Advisor

You're not finding it for a couple reasons:
1. It's only available in the Unsupported version.
2. Search in API Explorer only searches for objects (project, task, user, etc.) proofAccountRole is an attribute. You won't find it in search for the same reason you can't search for things like enteredByID or entryDate - those are attributes of objects, not objects themselves. 

WE_0-1670691170188.png

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 10

Gorgeous.

"Bill English: the API Whisperer"

Regards,

Doug