Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Clean-up

Level 3
Happy Friday all, We had a few people get off to a messy start in Proofing and they have dozens (if not hundreds) of pending proofs in their queues. Most are from projects that have long since been completed. Obviously this is making them ever more unlikely to use Work List b/c it is overwhelming. 1. Is there a zippy bulk way to deal with that, i.e. setting all to N/A 2. Does anyone have a great dashboard/report solution for helping users keep up on this (if they are not the best Task List users). Thanks for any suggestions! Jane Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)
8 Replies

Level 10
I'm not sure which queue you are looking in, but most of Workfront's functionality revolves around items not displaying if a project is set to a non-Active status. For example, if I create and assign a task to a user, but the project is in some sort of Setup status (e.g. Planning), this would not show up in a queue. As another example, we have plenty of "pending" document approvals in our system, and those generally become invisible as soon as the project is set to a Completed status. If users are using dashboards or reports to keep up with any items, the first thing I would try to do is exclude non-active items from their views (filter these out). But if users are going in through the Home feature (or My Work/My Updates), these would automatically exclude for that. I wonder if you've checked your projects to make sure that not only are they 100% complete, but they are also set to Complete as a status. -skye

Level 3
I have the same issue with Proofs. What @Skye Hansen mentions below on project status has no impact on pending proofs. And no, I've found no bulk editing. The only way I've been able to deal with these is having the user go in and manage each one. Check your settings on proofs, when they create the proof see what role they are being asked to fulfill (do they need to approve? Most times not and that can help). Lastly, as time permits, log in as the user and close them yourself. If anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them because this continues to be an issue. Thanks, Connie Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 10
Hi - yeah, this is an issue we have brought up with Product a few times. And doing a report is hard because the objects are so far from each other (Proof Approval -> Document Version -> Document -> Project, and this is only if the document is on the project. If it is on a task, you have that extra layer). When we had hundreds and hundreds of approvals needed for Canceled projects (or Complete projects), our Assigned Support Engineer was able to do something on the back end that made people just Reviewers on pending proofs in Cancelled or Completed projects so that they didn't appear in Home or in a Proof Approval Report. It was great. @Skye Hansen - something I've noticed recently and wanted to let you know, if a worker commits to a task (clicks Work On It), the task does not grey out or disappear from the Home Work List if the project is put into a Planning Status. This is different from My Work days. It has caused us some issues and we have had to include Project Status in the layout template of Home so that people can see that before working on something. (If they have not committed to it, the task disappears when the project is put into a Planning Status) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
@Anthony Imgrund ... I feel like it would be nice if it greyed out or was somehow visually distinct if the project was not Active ... did you let @Mandy Anger know? -skye

Level 3
thanks Connie! Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)

Level 3
Thanks Anthony! I'm going to pursue that route with our ASE. Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)

Level 2
Hey Skye and Anthony, Thanks for raising the issue about Planning status in Home. We will continue to research the functionality of Home and iterate on how customers can customize the experience to work for them. Thank you! Mandy Mandy Anger Workfront

Level 3
@Skye Hansen @Anthony Imgrund @Mandy Anger @Connie Sutherland Just created an idea in the idea exchange. I could not get a global bulk update, but instead am going into each "Contact" in Proofing and reviewing their pending proofs and making determinations there as to whether or not they are truly pending (no date or project status info available there, btw) . This is my suggestion in exchange for prevention: Prevent Project Closure if Proof Status is Pending. Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)