Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Proof Approver ID Filter on a Document Report

Community Advisor

Hello! Has anyone ever had luck in using a document report to list a user's proof approvals? We want to be able to filter by a user's proof approvals on a document report due to limitations on the standard Proof Approval report. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, we don't use proof approvals, so it would be difficult for me to test and confirm that this works; nevertheless, I'm wondering if you've considered an exists statement. Sample code you could use, would look like this:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRFAPL
EXISTS:a:documentVersionID=FIELD:currentVersionID
EXISTS:a:approverID=$$USER.ID

Line 1 = there exists a proof approval

Line 2 = where the proof approval's document version ID is the same as the document's "currentVersionID" (in other words, "hey Workfront, I'm only interested in the latest document version's proofs".

Line 3 [the actual filter] = I went with the filter of "I'm the approver".

You can add any other filter you have built / can build in a regular proof approval report. (e.g. Line 4 -- feel free to filter out some of the approver decisions, or restrict it based on a date... you don't particularly need to figure out the syntax -- just build it in a proof approval report, copy it over, and then append "exists:a:" in front of everything)

I could kind of run a confirmation test in my instance simply by creating a proof approval report and using the same filter, "approverID=$$USER.ID" -- this is because I only had 3 proofs assigned to me, so it was very easy to see that two of the proofs were different versions of the same document. So in my document report, I get two results (two current proofs assigned to me) and in my proof approval report I'll get three results (two current, and one old proof assigned to me)

Hope that helps at least start you in a good direction.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, we don't use proof approvals, so it would be difficult for me to test and confirm that this works; nevertheless, I'm wondering if you've considered an exists statement. Sample code you could use, would look like this:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRFAPL
EXISTS:a:documentVersionID=FIELD:currentVersionID
EXISTS:a:approverID=$$USER.ID

Line 1 = there exists a proof approval

Line 2 = where the proof approval's document version ID is the same as the document's "currentVersionID" (in other words, "hey Workfront, I'm only interested in the latest document version's proofs".

Line 3 [the actual filter] = I went with the filter of "I'm the approver".

You can add any other filter you have built / can build in a regular proof approval report. (e.g. Line 4 -- feel free to filter out some of the approver decisions, or restrict it based on a date... you don't particularly need to figure out the syntax -- just build it in a proof approval report, copy it over, and then append "exists:a:" in front of everything)

I could kind of run a confirmation test in my instance simply by creating a proof approval report and using the same filter, "approverID=$$USER.ID" -- this is because I only had 3 proofs assigned to me, so it was very easy to see that two of the proofs were different versions of the same document. So in my document report, I get two results (two current proofs assigned to me) and in my proof approval report I'll get three results (two current, and one old proof assigned to me)

Hope that helps at least start you in a good direction.

Community Advisor

This is a gamechanger for me, thank you so much for the time you spent on this. This solved the need we had!

Community Advisor

What is the limitation in the proof approval report that maybe I could help you with?

Not sure how to pull in approver-related info like you said, and maybe Skye's idea will work, you could also consider a document version report with proof name 'is not blank' to at least only pull latest versions of docs that are proofs...

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1701367934059.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Thank you! Skye's idea did the trick. It was kind of an odd request but our need was that we needed to see user's proof approvals but also wanted them to be able to fill out document-level custom form fields on the same report (proof approval report doesn't allow inline editing).