Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Proof Approval Reporting Examples

Community Advisor

I'm looking for some examples of reports people are using for proof approvals. What columns are you displaying, anything fun i could be adding in text mode, etc. Our users want reporting but don't do a great job elaborating on what they want to see so hoping some creatives out there have ideas. 

I would also like to know which type of reports people are using for proof approvals and the reasoning. They each have their own limits on functionality they can display.

• Document
  • Document Version
  • Proof Approvals

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks for meeting with me on this yesterday, @Kurt_Jones,

Hey folks! I'm pleased to announce that the Package of Kurt's Generic Proof Approvals Report is now available for anyone interest to deploy into their own Workfront domain, as follows:

• Under My Account > Connections ensure (or set up) your Workfront domain
  • In the Packages side menu, click the Generic Proof Approvals icon
  • Click the Parameters tab then log in to your Workfront domain
  • Once connected, click the orange [Good! Lets run it!] button
  • Check the confirmation box and click the [Run Solution] button

With the report now deployed to your environment...

• In Workfront, search for a report called Generic Proof Approvals and open it
  • Click Report Actions > Edit Report
  • Click the Link to Proof Column, then edit its textmode
  • Replace yourdomain.my.workfront.com with your Workfront domain
  • Save the report, run it to confirm it's working, share as needed, and enjoy!

Regards,

Doug (and Kurt -- thanks again!)

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1680282128558.png

View solution in original post

46 Replies

Level 7

Thank you so much @Kurt_Jones, but it's crazy, but it does not work for me on a Document Version report.  Not all of the proof variables are on the document object.  Document Version report uses the "current version" object...which isn't even in the API.  

In the column builder, "Current Version" object shows:

• Proof Creator ID
  • Proof Deadline
  • Proof Decision
  • Proof ID
  • Proof Name
  • Proof Owner ID
  • Proof Pages
  • Proof Progress
  • Proof Status

But doesn't offer Proof Approvals, Approver or Decision Date.  And text mode won't generate the fields not offered in the builder.  Strange.

I can get "Proof Approvals" to generate with text mode, but it's just jibberish...ex: [6309348f000d7a983a9d2740207ddf4e (ProofApproval-6309348f000d7a983a9d2740207ddf4e), 6309348f000d7a922b2e81bcbe46c77f (ProofApproval-....

I am wondering if Workfront is doing some database changes since they're working on the integration of proofs into Workfront???

I guess I will keep my Doc Version report without approvers.  Then have to have a second Proof Approvals report that is grouped by proof...I just rather have a doc report with the approvers in a collection.

Frustrating.  I really hope the new proof integration into Workfront will clean up the proof organization mess and help with reporting.  It's painful.

Thank you so much for all you've contributed to this thread!

Community Advisor

Sarah, send me an email and I'll send you a report of all my textmode on the report as it does work, but my report likely has different setup than yours, so it might help your review.  kurt.jones@jpmorgan.com

Level 2

Hi Kurt,

I know I'm way late to the party on this, but is there a way to add a column that displays the Workflow Templates for the proof the same way that it does in a Proof Approval report?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Jason, the report above is a Document Version report type so there isn't a way to get to the workflow template used in the approval process.

Level 3

Hi all

I feel like I might be in the right place for this query.. I have 6 project managers that send 100's of proofs for approvals to usually 3 completely variable approvers. My project managers would like a proof approval report that shows only the proofs that have been through the first three approvers and are now 'back with them' as the final approver, they are not interested in ones that are still being reviewed by 1,2 or 3. 
Approver1
Approver2
Approver3
Approver 4 (Project manger). I just want to see lines that are at this stage

So its a filter by final approval stage that I am trying to achieve but I cant seem to do this - any tips would be a game changer for us!
Thank you in adavance