Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Template View\nAre you able to view all of the Task Custom forms attached to a Project Template?

Level 2

I have added the Project Categories (custom forms) to the view but having an issue listing the task categories (custom forms).

I have attached a Mock Up to help show the information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for the help!0690z000009D79BAAS.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris,

I might be wrong, but suspect that Templates to Tasks to Custom Forms is one iteration too many for Worfkfront's textmode syntax.

Alternatively, if you create a Template Task report (perhaps restricted to Task Number = 1 to "fake" one row per Tempalate), you could then reach "up" to the Template and enumerate the Project)custom forms, and "across" to enumerate the Task custom forms, assuming that Template Task Number 1 has all the Task Level forms of interest attached.

Regards,

Doug

Thank you Doug. I have a view within a Project that shows the Project & Tasks custom forms attached to each task but would like to do this when looking at all of the Project templates in the system. A simple way to see all settings on the templates without going each ones settings to see what task forms are attached. I have tried text mode and collections and can not get this to display.

Level 2

Hi Chris - how do you do this? I am doing project cleanup and need to see which custom form is attached to each task, but I can't figure out how to make that column show in my view.

Level 10

Huh: that's interesting, Chris.

I am pleasantly surprised that your Project level view pulls back the (multiple) custom forms on Tasks, which is why I'd suggested a Template Task report. However, given that you've had that success, I would expect that something similar should also be possible from a Template to list all of the Template Task custom forms (e.g. changing a "Task" reference to a "Template Task" reference, somewhere within the textmode.

If you'd like to post a screenshot of the Project view's column that enumerates the Tasks custom forms and the text that drives it, perhaps we can Spot The Difference.

Regards,

Doug

The templates will pull all the Project forms but not the Tasks. Great thinking...Tried the templateTask in a collection and adding in textmode. No Luck.

Level 3

Chris, can I ask if you ever got this working the way you wanted? Could you share how you configured the Project Custom Forms column?

Level 2

Hello Galen - This is the what I use to pull the Project custom form data but I am still not able to pull the task custom form data. After, Talking with WF Engineering we are unable to get to the task custom forms.

listdelimiter=<div>

name=Project Custom Forms

styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false

styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=category.name

styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=category.name

styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=notblank

styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string

styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor

styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=F1F1F1

styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=

styledef.case.1.comparison.icon=false