Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to add a dashboard to the left panel of specific portfolios that is viewable by everyone?

Level 5

I know you can add dashboards etc. to layout templates BUT I have a portfolio specific dashboard that I would like added to the corresponding portfolio left panel that is viewable by everyone. I added the dashboard while signed in as me but when I logged in as another user it does not display. Is there a way for me to accomplish this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Unfortunately, not at the moment. Anytime you have a dashboard in the left nav, it will appear on all portfolios. As for access, it would need to be done via layout templates or each person individually doing it.

However, since it is just for one portfolio and everyone can see it. Have you thought about adding it to the Projects or Dashboards area all together? (Sadly, can't add it at Portfolios global area as that isn't customizable.)

Still have to do it on all the layout templates so everyone sees it. but they could all have access without the dashboard being in every portfolio, if it isn't needed.

Level 5

Hi Anthony,

This is actually our solution for the Parent Project that we wanted created for Products.

We created a Project that has tasks for all of the information needed and then created a dashboard that displays all of those tasks with columns to enter the corresponding information for our MRDs. We were hoping to make an easy link on the left side of each portfolio to take them to the corresponding MRDs.

We may have to rely on them pinning or favoriting them but were hoping there was a way for anyone to have the link when opening the Portfolio.

Maybe I should do a dashboard report filtered to only include the MRDs and add that instead. That way the info wouldn't need to change per portfolio. I just really want to eliminate the possibility of user error and selecting the wrong one.

As always thank you for your help.