Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Project Statuses & Email Notifications

Level 2
I work for a software company and projects are only moved to 'Current' status when the specifications have been signed off and the project is ready for the development team. The problem I have is that whilst in the planning phase (when the project status is Planning) Workfront does not send out email notifications when logging issues and assigning them to team members (see support item below). https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216673598 Am I the only person that finds this annoying? I appreciate that many organisation don't want more emails, but our users like to receive email notifications as a means of knowing something has been assigned to them. I did log a product enhancement last year suggesting that email notifications be made confiurable for each project status, but wondered whether there are other organisations who feel like they could benefit from the same thing?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
<> I like your idea about making the behavior of each status a bit more configurable. What we did to overcome that lack of configurability was to create a number of different statuses, all of which map back to Current. That worked well for us. Eric

Level 2
Eric, Thanks for your input, and I will look into using custom project statuses to control the emails. I was worried that those custom project statuses cannot be used in the approvals process, but seems like they are. Many thanks Richard

Level 2
How do you map a status back to current?

Level 10
Hi: You go to Setup - Project Preferences - Statuses. It will look something like this: [cid:image001.jpg@01D1BD90.9FEC5160] This tells you which statuses map to a system status of Current. Here are some considerations: 1) When you create a new status, you associate it with a system status (like Requested, Approved, Current, Dead, etc); 2) Once you’ve created the status, you cannot change its association with a system status; 3) You have to create a new status and stop using (Hide) the old status that has the wrong system status association; Does this help? Eric