Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Showing only projects with current and future start dates

Level 2

I have a report with a column for start date for projects.  However, it's showing everything, even projects that are over.  I saw that I can use a filter to pull dates "greater than" but it looks like I have to put in a specific date.  Is there a filter that I can create in the report that only shows the current and future dates?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@KarenNe1 - you can use wildcards in your filters.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/report-elements/use-dat...

I would suggest using date is greater than equal $$TODAY for objects in the future.

If you are filtering for start date then this means when you view the report today it will show you objects with planned start dates that are today and then in the future. Each new day you view the report it will not show objects greater than whatever "today" is that you are viewing the report. Essentially, the information in the report is different from day to day based on what "today" is.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@KarenNe1 - you can use wildcards in your filters.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/report-elements/use-dat...

I would suggest using date is greater than equal $$TODAY for objects in the future.

If you are filtering for start date then this means when you view the report today it will show you objects with planned start dates that are today and then in the future. Each new day you view the report it will not show objects greater than whatever "today" is that you are viewing the report. Essentially, the information in the report is different from day to day based on what "today" is.

Level 2

I choose the field that I want to use.  Then greater than or equal to.  Then it shows a calendar that I need to choose the date.  I tried typing in $$today there but that doesn't work.  Do I need to go to the text mode and type in some code?  If so, can you let me know what that is?

Level 1

How can i create a report that with multiple dates, all happening in the future? I run a report that captures all Communications and Major Initiatives in flight. I currently have two separate reports showing these with the prompt greater than equal $$TODAY+BM and working fine as separate reports with only 1 date included. But if i want to combine the two, how can i make sure that only requests in the present/future are showing? I ask because i mirrored the original report that works, but im getting information from years ago.