Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Project Status not showing in preferences

Level 2

I am currently working through our oversized catalogue of statuses and I can't figure something out for the life of me. It's probably super obvious and I'm just missing it.

We have a number of Projects with the Status: Active. 

When I go into Project Preferences - Statuses - Project = there is no status that exists called Active.

We convert our projects from Issues, so I checked Issues. There IS an Active, but it's not the same colour as the one that shows for Project Status.... 

Can anyone help?? 

JAMIEDE_0-1715796496477.pngJAMIEDE_1-1715796516528.pngJAMIEDE_2-1715796527941.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

in general my suggested route would also be Fusion.

But you need to be careful:

As soon as you convert an issue to a task or project and you chose the option to keep the original issue (preserveIssue), the status of the issue is not editable any more, as it is depending on to the resolving object status. 

This dependency is only decoupled when the resolving object is completed.

What we have done (also using Fusion):
After the conversion the resolving task is set to the status completed for a moment and set back to new shortly after that to keep the original issue on completed while keeping the connection between issue and task.

If you have a look into the API Explorer, you will see, that there is a boolean field for issues (OPTASK), called isComplete, which is changed from false to true, if the resolving object is completed.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 5

Is the Status applied at the Group level? In the upper-right corner where it says "System Status" try entering the name of a Group that you know has access to that Status. Different Groups can have different Statuses.

Level 10

Oh, sorry, 

I did not see, that you already answered J_Mas.

Level 10

Hi,

I would suggest checking, which group those projects are associated to under Overview -> Project association.

If you open that group under Setup -> Groups, have a look under the Status tab there.

You can also jump to that group using the input field on the top right of your first screenshot.

Regards

Lars

Level 2

OK, so I now see the Group level - however I feel this has made it even more confusing! lol.

Essentially, I want to make it so when I convert an Issue to a Project, the status of the Issue is no longer new, so people know it's being worked on. For example, it would be good if once converted to a project, the original issue status changed to Prioritized. 

Any insight on how I can do this? 

Level 5

I think the only way that this can be done is with Fusion (although @lgaertner might know something I don't).

Level 2

Hmmm. So the Issue ALWAYS go back to New once it's converted to a Project? So you would need to go into the details and see if it was linked to a resolving project every time? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

in general my suggested route would also be Fusion.

But you need to be careful:

As soon as you convert an issue to a task or project and you chose the option to keep the original issue (preserveIssue), the status of the issue is not editable any more, as it is depending on to the resolving object status. 

This dependency is only decoupled when the resolving object is completed.

What we have done (also using Fusion):
After the conversion the resolving task is set to the status completed for a moment and set back to new shortly after that to keep the original issue on completed while keeping the connection between issue and task.

If you have a look into the API Explorer, you will see, that there is a boolean field for issues (OPTASK), called isComplete, which is changed from false to true, if the resolving object is completed.

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

I'm going to leave the fact that you have problematic statuses alone -- this is a governance issue on your part. I suggest for your other question (how to make it so that the issue status reflects what the converted project is doing) you read the following article:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/issues/convert-issues/resolvi...

Especially this section:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/issues/convert-issues/resolvi...

On our side, we created (and hid) a number of issue statuses at the system level, that directly correspond with project statuses at the system level via 3 letter code. Say if we have a project status BlahBlah with three letter code BLA, then we make an issue status called Project:BlahBlah with three letter code BLA. Now, when we convert the issue to the project and we change the project status to BlahBlah, the issue status will change to Project:BlahBlah. Which is what I believe you to be asking about.

(We hid these issue statuses because we don't want users to use them manually. They are only used when the system links two objects.)

Level 5

This makes me want to create a project status of "Problematic". I think I'd have a few good use cases for it. 

J_Mas_0-1716209160036.png

Community Advisor

I mean, as long as the status is hidden, is it really Problematic?